5: Witness

Paintbrush slowly opened their eyes, all they could hear was banging on the door and panicked screaming, they couldn't make out any of the words or remember what happened before, they slowly got up, a little dizzy, and unlocked and opened the door. "Is something WrO-" They were cut off by someone tackling them down, "Paintbrush are you okay?!" Lightbulb asked, "Lightbulb? I'm fine, what do you mean?" They asked. "You left and Fan couldn't get you out of the bathroom for hours!" Lightbulb told them. Suddenly, a blur of memories rushed back into their mind. They had passed out after vomiting their guts out. It was terrible.

Paintbrush looked at the door and saw a crowd of maybe 3-6 people, "Painty when I said you needed rest I didn't mean for you to pass out on the bathroom floor!" Lightbulb said, shaking Paintbrush a bit. "I'm sorry, something must have been wrong with my stomach." They said, they never got the chance to flush the toilet because they passed out immediately after. "Paintbrush I think you might be sick, you should take a few days off." OJ told them. Their heart sunk, "No, no, I'm fine, Oj. I don't need a break." They said, getting back up and putting their body weight against the wall to hold themself up. "You don't look fine, as the owner of this hotel I am going to make sure you stay in this room and don't leave unless you need to eat." OJ ordered.

Paintbrush nodded, they didn't want to accept this, but they had no other choice. This might be bad. The body might stench up the whole hotel at this point. "Good, now Fan, I want you to help keep Paintbrush inside this room at all times, and follow them if they need to leave." OJ said. Fan nodded, "Aye Aye, Captain!" Fan said. "Don't call me that." "Sorry."

"Alright, that settles everything, Paintbrush you make sure to rest up, if you want a full recovery you'll make sure to stay in bed and eat healthy." OJ told them. Paintbrush nodded and laid down in their bed, they didn't want to, but it was required. Everyone except for Fan left the room. "Alright Paintbrush, if you need anything just tell me, I'll make sure to get it for you." He said. Paintbrush closed their eyes, and they quickly fell asleep.

~~~~~

Lightbulb had walked back into the art room to grab the cookies that were left there, "Hm, I wonder what was wrong with them." She mumbled, taking one out and taking a bite out of it. She waited a few moments but didn't feel anything. "Strange.." She said. Then she could smell something. "What is that?" she questioned. Heading towards the smell, it was coming from the storage room. It was more messy and full of more red paint than usual, the smell got stronger when she approached the storage closet. The door rattled, but wouldn't open. She groaned and looked around for a key. She spotted some keys on a shelf, she grabbed them and tried all the keys, one clicked. Her grin expanded.

She grabbed the door handle, and opened the door.

~~~~~

WORD COUNT: 534

lmao cliffhanger