19: Goodnight Painty.

Fan sat up from his bed, had he fallen asleep? All he remembered from last night was talking to his new friend. He can't remember anything else past that point. He got off his bed, quickly holding onto it out of dizziness. His body felt like jelly, but he also felt really good. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times, regaining his vision. Fan took a deep breath before letting go and leaving the room, leaving his phone behind aswell.

Fan hadn't gone to Lightbulb's room in a while, only because thats where he tried to hurt Paintbrush. He wasn't thinking at the time. He decided to go to her room to check up on her.

He went to her room, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door. "Come in!" Lightbulb called out from inside.

Fan hesitantly opened the door, closing it behind him. She turned to him and waved, "Hi Fan!" Fan stared at her, she wasn't laying down like she was supposed to be. "Lightbulb aren't you supposed to be laying down?!" Fan asked in a small panic, "I feel fine! Don't worry about me!" She smiled, "I've been remembering a lot of things. A little shadow has been teaching me." She said, sitting down on her bed. "Shadow... Lightbulb you need to be more careful! For all we know that could be the murderer!" Fan cried. "Oh you worry too much, Fan. I promise I'm fine! My head isn't getting any worse." She said. He stared at her in doubt. "Okay maybe I'm a little woozy, but other than that I'm fine." She stated, pinching her fingers together. He sighed, "If you say so, are you hungry? I can go get you something to eat if you want!" Fan offered. She shook her head, "Nope, I'm not hungry. Thanks for the offer though!" She shot finger guns at him, immediately stopping soon after. "Alright, I'll come back later to check on you alright?" he asked. She nodded in agreement, then he left.

~~~~~

Paintbrush was painting again, they loved the texture, they couldn't keep themself away from it. They painted and painted, it didn't even make any sense anymore. Their breathing stopped as they heard the door open. "Hey Paintbrush! How are you— Ugh— It stinks in here!" The Cherries said, they shut the door behind them. "What's going on?" They asked. Paintbrush stared at them, their breathing quickening. "Are you alright? You look a little pale." They laughed. There was silence for a moment, "Okay then... If you don't wanna talk I'll just leave you be.. See ya!" They waved, beginning to leave.

Before they could even touch the door, however, Paintbrush grabbed their knife and plunged it into The Cherries backs.

They didn't even know that they were stabbed until they hit the floor, bleeding out slowly.

Paintbrush stared at them and gripped the knife tightly, then began to rip off their stem, pushing their face into the ground to reduce any noise. Blood splattered everywhere.

Once Paintbrush was done, they stood up and looked at their work with a smile. It was amazing, but terrifying at the same time. They were about to clean it up when they paused.

They could frame someone.

Nobody had seen them walk in here, so if they were careful, nobody would see them walk out.

They then thought of another option.

The 'murderer' attacked them. They were just trying to paint with the Cherries when the 'murderer' walked in and attacked them. Paintbrush grinned to themself and began to ruin the art room, they had to make it seem like the person they wanted to frame did it. They painted clues, the detectives were smart. They would find them. After ruining the room and painting clues. They let out a scream, and stabbed themself in the stomach, falling to the ground in pain. They stabbed themself a few more times, before beginning to loose their vision.

The door to the art room busted open and a loud, high-pitched scream was heard, followed by a thump. Someone must have passed out before they could do anything about the crime scene. "Cherries?! Paintbrush?!" A voice called. Paintbrush opened their eyes slowly, trying to move. But they failed, it hurt too much, they coughed out of pain. "They're still alive! OJ, help me grab them!" The same voice called. Paintbrush could feel themself being lifted off the ground. This was it. They were going to die. Why did they even start this? Why did they need to do this? "Paintbrush can you hear me? Do you know who did this to you?!" OJ asked. Paintbrush hummed and nodded, letting out a single word before they blacked out.

"YinYang."

~~~~~

Weeks passed, Paintbrush had finally woken up, and YinYang was in jail for something they had supposedly done.

They were still unstable, but they were able to atleast move somewhat.

They visited Lightbulb every few days to let her know that they were alright, when one day, she had a question.

~~~~~

"Hey Paintbrush?" Lightbulb asked. "Yeah?" They tilted their head slightly. "Do you think I'll regain my memories before I die?" she asked. Paintbrush paused, "You won't die, YinYang was locked up." Paintbrush told her. "Thats not what I mean. You've seen me. I'm not getting any better. If Test Tube was still here I would be in amazing shape....But shes not. I'm going to die soon, Paintbrush." Lightbulb said. Paintbrush shook their head, "You aren't going to die!" They said. She paused, then nodded. "You're right, I'll be fine. I've got you! I'll always have you." She said with a yawn, "I think I'm going to go to sleep. I'll see you when I wake up Painty." She said, laying herself down. Paintbrush nodded, getting up and beginning to leave, then paused. "Painty...?" They mumbled, they quickly turned around and went to Lightbulb's side. "Lightbulb? Lightbulb wake up what did you just call me??" They asked, shaking her a bit. There was no response. They paused, "Lightbulb?" They asked, it couldn't be happening, did she know? Did she know she was going to die right then and there? They kept shaking her, yelling out her name through sobs. She couldn't be dead, it wasn't her time.

At this point OJ, Suitcase, and Balloon rushed in. Balloon took Paintbrush aside to keep them from staying there any longer, while OJ and Suitcase checked on Lightbulb.

It was true.

Lightbulb was gone forever.

~~~~~

WORD COUNT : 1084

lmao i loved this chapter it makes my stomach turn

i used some of you guy's ideas, specifically these two!

i really liked these ideas so i incorporated them into the story :]

ty for the suggestions!

(btw chapter 20 is gonna be the last chapter 😇)

two chapters out in a single day wowie look at me go