16: Detective work

"Alright, who should we ask about the case first?" Balloon asked, flipping through the papers on the floor. "Maybe the one who everyone thinks is the culprit?" Suitcase said. "So Paintbrush?" Balloon asked, getting up from the floor. "Yeah!" She said. "Alright! Maybe we should split up, cover more people at a time. One of us takes care of Paintbrush while the other takes care of someone else." Balloon said. "Thats a good idea, but who's the other person gonna be?" Suitcase asked. "Uh... Thats.. A good question." Balloon laughed awkwardly. He fixed his hat slightly, and looked at all the people that were in the hotel. "Fan was closest to the latest loss, one of us should ask him while the other asks Paintbrush." Balloon said. "Alright!" Suitcase smiled.

"Now the question is, who do we choose.." Balloon mumbled. "I can ask Paintbrush!" Suitcase volunteered. "Are you sure? They're kinda... Scary right now.." Balloon shivered. "I know! But they could easily just pop you, but they can't exactly harm me!" Suitcase smiled. "You're right.. Okay, but stay safe. If one of us die then it might be bad.." Balloon mumbled. "I've got it! We can meet back here when we're done!" She said, quickly heading to Paintbrush's room to find them. Balloon got up and cleaned up the papers, neatly stacking them on his bed, and then leaving to find Fan.

~~~~~

Paintbrush was in their art studio, they hadn't gotten a chance to use their new 'paint' yet because of how busy they've been. And they never even got to collect the new ones. They grabbed an open canvas, and grabbed one of the limbs, carefully letting it drip into the paint pallette. Then they began to paint, hiding the limbs just incase someone walked in. They painted a landscape, layering the colors in an attempt to make them darker than they were. It wasn't working well. They were getting frustrated with it and themself. They put the paint down and took a deep breath.

They decided to start putting everything away, they needed to figure something out something to paint first before they started painting. It took a few minutes but it was all clean. They were about to leave when the art studio door was kicked open. "Hello Paintbrush!" Suitcase smiled, "Suitcase? Did you need something?" Paintbrush asked. "I do need something, I have a few questions to ask you. Its about the murders." She told them. A chill went down Paintbrush's spine. "Do you think I did them?" They asked, clasping their hands together to their chest. "Drop the act. Everyone already suspects you. Trophy's body found in YOUR art room, Knife mysteriously dying in your arms, they both point straight to you! We can't leave out how Fan attacked you over Test Tube's death, like he knew something we didn't." Suitcase spoke. "Suitcase I swear I—" "You didn't do it? How am I supposed to believe you? Do you have any proof that you didn't do it?" Suitcase questioned. "No. I don't, and I'm not afraid of you. You may have evidence pointing to me, but none of it can be confirmed." Paintbrush told her. "I'll admit, we don't have much evidence that specifically confirms you did it, but we do have evidence that points very closely to you."

"Without the bodies you will NEVER. be able to prove it was me. Nobody will believe you. Because its. not. true." Paintbrush stared, then left. Suitcase stood there for a moment, did they just admit to the crime? Were there cameras around that caught what happened? Did anyone know about this? They thought back on what Paintbrush said. 'Without the bodies'... What did that mean. Did they take the bodies? Do they know where they are? She glanced around the room, looking for something that could be of use. The storage room. Thats where Trophy's body was found, there had to be a clue, or something there. She headed to the room and looked around, there was a door that looked like a closet. Maybe it could be of use? She tried to open it but it was locked, and there wasn't a key in sigh. She took a deep breath, she could tell Balloon about this when she had the time. Right now, she needed to get to OJ.

~~~~~

Fan was laying down on Test Tube's bed. He wasn't doing anything, just laying there. Not even on his phone, just staring at the ceiling. There was a knock at the door after a few minutes. "Come in." Fan croaked out. The door opened slowly and then closed shut. "Fan? Its Balloon, I have a couple of questions to ask you. Do you think you can answer them? I can come back at a different time if you want!" Balloon said. Fan sat up and shook his head, "I can talk, what do you need?" he asked. "Well, its about the murders, are you sure you can answer these?" Balloon asked quietly. "I'm sure. If it helps find the bastard who kills her I'll do anything." Fan said. Balloon nodded.

"The first two ones I'm sure you have no clue how they happened, the death's of Trophy and Knife—" "Poison." Fan said bluntly. "Poison? What do you mean?" Balloon asked. "The reason I accused Paintbrush was because they knew Knife got poisoned. Thats how he died. I don't know how they knew but they did." Fan said. Balloon thought for a moment. Poison. How did Paintbrush know how Knife died? Balloon shook this off for now, they could tell Suitcase later. "Do you know anything about Test Tube?" Balloon asked carefully, it was a touchy subject. "All I know, is that once I find out who killed her, they will not live to see another day." Fan stated. Balloon gulped in fear, he'd never seen this side of Fan before, nobody had. "Alright, is there anything else that I should know before I leave?" Balloon asked. "Not that I know of." Fan shook his head. "Okay, thank you, I appreciate your help." Balloon smiled, then left. Poison, maybe the bodies? Does Suitcase know? Those were the questions that raced through Balloons mind. His only goal at this point was to watch himself, one wrong move and he could die. He took a deep breath and headed back to his room, with his luck and how quick Fan answered the questions, he would get back first.

~~~~~

WORD COUNT : 1079

they may be stupid sometimes, but they are decent detectives. They get the job done by themselves, rather than together when they just joke about shit.

anyways suitcase found something out, will she die????

drumroll please

🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

im not telling you that would be spoilers lmao 😇😇