Chapter 1

He lay in the bed, cold and emotionless. As pale as a ghost. I reached to touch his face. It was cold. This wasn't anything I remembered Niall to be. He was the sort of boy who was always warm. His breathing was irregular. Long, deep breaths, sounding as if it was hard for him to breathe. I felt a tear stream down my face. I wish he would let me take him to the hospital. He isn't doing well.

The past days he has been so depressed, the fact that his ex broke up with him, Maura dying, and all the hate the past days, Niall hasn't been acting right. He hasn't took a bite of anything, he hasn't talked, and he has been to himself. 

Yesterday he was writing. He had his glasses on and got the fountain pen Maura gave him before she died. I crept around the corner. He was sad. I could hear him crying... I wanted to hug him, and try to help,but I didn't want to reveal that I was watching him. I heard Niall slam his hand onto the desk he wrote at, and mumble.

"Why'd you have to leave me mum?" he asked, holding the pen close, with a tear shedding down his face. I can't stand seeing Niall cry. I love that boy. He is my best friend. And when he cries I do too.  I could feel my eye shedding a tear, but could not make any noise, and just cry. This really breaks my heart.

I tuck Niall into his bed and head to the living room to spend some time alone. Hopefully, going to bed.