Chapter 2

The alarm clock goes off. It's set for 5:30 am. The red letter flash in my face, and I pull myself up. I quickly run to check on Niall. I sit on the bed next to him. Still, pale as ever, i stroke his arm and whisper to wake up softly.

No response.

I give a normal voice to Niall.

Still no response.

I take the covers off of Niall, maybe the fresh morning breeze will wake him. But then I see it. Glancing past Niall's boxers, is a tiny little cut. It looks fresh. I drop my phone. It falls under the bed. Getting a flashlight, I look under the bed, and see it tiny little pocket knife. 

I look at Niall's leg again.I haven't realized there was more. I counted. He had 1O cuts all close. Each scar  seemed deeper and longer than the one before it. I could feel tears dripper down my face. Why would he do this? He is just ruining his skin. I have to wake him up.

"Niall wake up!"  I say, this time louder. I keep doing this, then I start shaking him. "THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" I say. Zayn runs out.

'What's wrong with Niall?" he asks.

"Look at his leg." I say. Zayn walks over. His face is in shock. I hold up the pocket knife that I found under his bed.

"Liam,... did you check his pulse?" Zayn asked.

"OH GOD I AM SO STUPID!" I say wanting to hurt myself/

"No you're not, and I got this." Zayn put his hand on Niall's neck for 6 seconds. He hadn't felt anything. "Liam call the ambulance, now!" he says.

I run to the phone, talking to the operator in horror. Then I stand next to Niall's side. Looking into his dead looking face. I hold his hand.

"Please don't go."