Chapter 2

HOSPITAL

Randy

Not even 5 minutes from closing Ray's door, he already sees the doctor and nurses running into her room. Time slowed as the door was closing, the flatline of the machine was deafening while the doctor and nurses were attempting to save her. Yuno walks out of the room and you can tell how exhausted he was, no mask, no helmet, just a face of someone who doesn't know what to do next.

Max comes up to Yuno with the advanced directive, "Ray asked me to give this to you in case something happens to her. I didn't know exactly what she meant by it at the time but..." he hands it to him and Yuno takes it. As Yuno reads the paper, Randy pays attention to Max and his movements. How did he know to go to the hospital, as well as have this paper with him without even Pillbot or any doctor contacting him? At least none that I know of, after 20 minutes, the doctor and nurses finally came out.

"Her vitals have returned back to normal, but we will keep a closer eye on her tonight." Yuno was still reading the directive, Randy stepped in and thanked them.

"Yuno can I go inside the room and talk to her for a sec?" He gives him a small, almost pity smile and nods. Randy had his hand on the knob for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and going inside. The beeping stopped bothering him the first hour they were in her room. He takes the chair, placed it on her bedside, and sat next to her.

"'Sup Raymundo, how's it going? What chu doin'? How's life?" He doesn't know what else he's supposed to say or could be saying but he is frustrated with her.

"You can't just give up! That's the weakest thing you've ever done, you're better than that! Why did you put your life on the line?!" He takes a deep breath trying to control his temper.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to lecture you while you're laying there. I guess I was just expecting that if you can hear me and I push you enough...you'd be fighting back right now telling me to shut up, calling me a fuck. I'm not barking for you by the way, I know I promised I would if your life was on the line." He holds her hand the way she held his earlier that night.

"Even if you can't hear me, maybe it's just pent up emotions and words I've never said. But I guess what will it take? I guess I would climb every mountain and take every bullet and fight every demon to know that you're safe. When you shed a tear I can feel my heart break, and I'm feeling so anxious. I'm hoping you wake up and I can continue to slowly show you how I really am. Maybe if you knew this it would definitely change us. I'm scared of it too but I'd be more willing to give it a chance now." Randy laughs to himself. (tiktok: verum_music - http://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdypEVRM/?k=1)

"You got me talking like this, what's wrong with you? Hot bars though not gonna lie." He felt a weak squeeze or maybe he's just sleep deprived.

"Yeah you like that? Really? That's all it took? You've gone absolutely insane. Hopefully you heard that cuz I'm not doing it again." Taking this in as a good sign for her recovery, "I can't stay any longer or else they'd get mad at me, but now that I know you at least have a little more fight in you, I can go home. Your brother is just outside your door, he looks hella exhausted so stop giving me and him a hard time." He looks at her one more time knowing she'd hate to see herself without her long hair.

"I'll come back tomorrow, I'll bring another black rose so you know it's me." He kissed her hand, and as much as he didn't want to let go, he had to.

Yuno

"I don't even remember signing anything like this Max, what is this? When did she even get this done?" Max didn't know how to answer. The document was long but Yuno reads it over once more, but only the beginning was the important part.