44. SAVED

* * *

* * *

THANKS to Jasper, Allie had knowledge on what was happening at Arkadia. It gave them time to prepare for Clarke's arrival considering the blonde had decided to use the King to gain entrance to Polis. The two hadn't realized it was going to be a trap, which led to Clarke's capture. Ainsley stood next to Ontari in the throne room, while Abby tied her daughter to a a post in the middle of the room, having already gotten the Flame.

Abby took a scalpel off the table, moving to stand in front of Clarke. Ainsley watched as Abby questioned her on the passphrase. Clarke stayed silent, searching Abby's eyes. The older woman pushed the tip of the scalpel into the blondes chest. Clarke cried out in pain, both Ainsley and Ontari smiling at the sound.

“Mom, this isn't you,” Clarke whispered, her eyes wide and red from her tears. “I know you're in there. Please.”

Ainsley frowned. She vaguely remembered Murphy telling her the same thing, but now wasn't the time to focus on that. Abby made no recollection that she was even phased by the sentence, instead, she asked for the passphrase again. Clarke started to cry as Abby forced the tip of the scalpel into the other side of her chest. Clarke screamed and gasped through the pain.

“Blondie, blondie, blondie,” Ainsley sing-songed slowly. “It can stop. Just tell us what we want to know and we can all go our merry ways.”

“I told you,” Abby stated, turning away from a still silent Clarke to look at Allie. “Her friends are her weaknesses,” she stepped back towards her daughter, looking at her before ordering, “start with Bellamy Blake.”

That plan didn't last very long, thanks to John Murphy for rescuing Bellamy before he could be brought to them. Alie knew they had to find some other way to get Clarke to talk before the ‘rescuers’ show up. Jaha made a noose out of rope, stepping back as Abby placed the noose around her own neck.

“Stop,” Clarke begged her mother. “Stop. I know you can hear me just stop!”

“You know how to stop this.”

“Wait, Alie,” Clarke tried desperately. “If you kill her you'll never get what you want.”

“Allie's not killing me. You are.”

Clarke begged and begged her mother not to do it, to stop. Abby didn't listen, asking for the passphrase one last time, but Clarke couldn't do it. Abby stepped off of the bucket, the noose tightening around her neck as she choked, dangling from the railing. Clarke kept apologizing over and over with tears in her eyes as she struggled against her own restraints. It wasn't working the way Allie had wanted, the others being so close to getting to them.

They couldn't let them have Ontari. Ontari walked forward, grabbing her sword and kneeling down with it still in its sheath. Jaha glanced towards Ainsley, signaling for her to do it despite Clarke's protests. After all, Ainsley's loyalty was still in question after she closed her eyes to protect the tunnel exit in the temple. Ainsley stepped forward, taking the sword out of Ontari's hands. Ainsley unsheathed it, swinging it hard at Ontari’s head, the girl falling backwards unconscious.

“Damage to her brain is substantial,” Allie told Ainsley. “But she's still alive.”

Ainsley raised the sword above her head once more before the doors to the throne room busted open. Clarke yelled for Bellamy to stop Ainsley, him only hesitating for a minute before he shoots her in the shoulder, it caused her to drop the sword and fall to the ground.  Jaha went to move towards it, but Bellamy shot him too.

* * *

BELLAMY and John locked and tied her, Jaha and the guards up in a bedroom. The other chipped civilians who were free began to scale the side of the tower in attempts to take back control, while their leaders were locked up. Allie felt when Clarke entered the City of Light, she told Jaha and Ainsley to enter to stop her. Ainsley walked beside of Jaha in the City, they rounded a corner with an army of people.

"Clarke," Jaha exclaimed. "There's nowhere to run." He moved forward, Ainsley and the others following his every move. "Its over! The second AI can no longer protect you."

“If i remove the flame,” Clarke started, turning beside her to look at Lexa. “Will it stop the update?”

“Yes, but nobody's ever done that by choice before. Regardless, you'll be one of them. Allie will get the flame either way.”

Ainsley laughed lowly. “Come on, Clarke. There's nowhere else to go. Give up and join us.”

Jasper stepped beside of Ainsley. “She's right, Clarke. Stop fighting this.”

Lexa said Clarke's name to get her attention, everyone's eyes falling on a type of door being put in the wall. It had to be Raven's doing. Jasper moved in front of the door, trying to block it but Lexa knocked him out, sending him back to reality. The people beside of Jaha and Ainsley advanced, moving towards Lexa and Clarke.

Just as Lexa engaged with their army, Jaha and Ainsley snapped back to reality. The guards had already taken care of their situation, leaving them to stroll down the hall in the chaos to get to the throne room. Ainsley shoved a man out of her way as he went to atack her and Jaha. He placed a hit against her face, but she felt nothing as she kicked him in the chest, sending him sprawling to the ground.

Ainsley went to engage John, who was standing beside of Ontari’s body when the pain in her shoulder from the gunshot wound ran through her body. Ainsley cried out in pain, clutching her shoulder as she fell to her knees. She cried, gritting her teeth together as moans escaped her lips.

John watched helplessly, still clutching Ontari’s heart to help Clarke. As soon as Clarke got the Flame out of her head, he didn't hesitate to run to Ainsley, pulling her in his lap as he hugged her tightly, careful to not touch her gunshot wound.

“I'm.. I'm so sorry, John,” Ainsley cried against him, clutching his shirt in her free hand. “I'm so sorry..”

“Thats okay,” he whispered against her hair, holding her against him. “Its okay..”

She locked eyes with Emori as she held John closer to her. She nodded to her, to signal that it was all okay, that she forgave her. It wasn't her and she knew that. Ainsley would have told her out loud that it was okay, but she didn't want to ever let go of John.