Chapter 7: We meet at a coffee shop

Carly woke up early and fresh, helped her mother pack her bags into her car. After packing them all her mother gave her a warm and long hug. Her mother grew emotional and so did her daughter it was as if Carly was sending her mother away to University, once both of them could not breathe they finally let each other. Her mother went into the car and drove off while she left her daughter alone again. However, there would be restrictions such as her mother would have to visit once a month and would have to call her every day.

Carly had her late-night shift that evening had time to do anything that she wished. She went in and decided to eat out for breakfast. She got her long dark navy skirt and her and her white shirt long sleeve paired with a woollen cream cardigan and white sneakers. The sky was clear and crisp and the air was filled with icy air that was sprinkled with the subtle warmth of love and joy. Her hand were turning pink but she did not care for them. Her ears were drawn to the wonderful melodies of her music. She was not completely recovered from her loneliness and anxiety and insecurities but she made a promise to herself to focus on getting better for herself and to live life to her standard and not those of others.

Before she knew it she had arrived at the coffee shop, the smell of the coffee sparked a carving for it. She walked into the grand entrance, through the doors in the far back of the store was the till, and behind it was a big sign reading Breakfast Stop in in green and white. Four small white chairs were surrounding small carved wooden tables and the sides stood nooks with seating with green leather and white table on the other side there were wooden tables that seated one person, some with seating for two, with black metal chairs. The smell of the pumpkin pie fluttered around the shop, she went to the till and ordered a coffee and the pumpkin pie for her breakfast, while she waited she took out her laptop from her bag and started preparing to launch her website he was tired of the constant rejection so she decided to make one of her own.

A few hours had gone by when Carly decided to go home, she packed her things later then went to the till. After she paid she headed toward the door, when something patted her back, she turned and found a friendly face looking at her.

"Hey, are you leaving?" asked the girl

Carly pointed her hands to the door but before she could say anything the girl interrupted her.

"Oh of course you were heading out, I was just about to ask you if you wanted to have a coffee with me, but looks like you already had yours," said the girl, " but, you don't even know my name that would be just weird. Just forget it sorry for bothering you." Said the girl turning around.

"I don't mind having another coffee if I have good company," said Carly.

"I'm good company, at least I think," said the girl.

"Then I think I can go for another cup," said Carly, "but can we take it on the go?"

"Yeah sure, my name is Michelle by the way if you were wondering." Said Michelle.

"As in Felix's girlfriend Michelle," said Carly.

"Yes and no we're never dating," said Michelle, "he used to walk with me home."

"Oh, sorry that's just how everyone said who you were," said Carly.

"No it's fine," said Michelle.

"I'm Carly," said Carly.

"Nice to meet you," said Michelle, "I'll pay for the coffees".

"No it's fine," said Carly.

"I insist plus I asked you," said Michelle.

"Fine then," said Carly.

"Anything that you want," said Michelle.

"Pumpkin spice would be nice," said Carly.