Chapter 6 ~ PhotoSHOOT!

I am currently in New York, guesting America's Next Top Model. It’s their final photoshoot so Tyra Banks, also known as my childhood BFF, asked me to guest in her show. And since, we’re close, I couldn’t say no.

The new thing about this guesting, is I, also get to photoshoot. Ahhhh, this is the good life.

I heard Tyra talking to the top 2. Jessica and Tania. I remember Tyra telling me Jessica’s the blond, blue-eyed girl while Tania’s the dark skinned and curly haired one. And let me tell you, these girls are fit to be models. I wonder if I can hire them to model on my tour.

" Today, you girls will have a VERY special guest. But be careful, she's hard to please  " she says and I saw her wink to them.

And I step out, wearing a little revealing black lace dress, with smoky eyes, and my blond waves flowing freely. I'd say I was hot. Oh, and don’t forget my blood red stilettos.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" All two shrieked. Well, It's not every day they get to see the World's Top Model. But I think I gotta play it nice to them.

" Hey girls" I said."SURPRISE!"

" Girls, meet the WORLD'S TOP MODEL. Candice Maurice Guerra! " Tyra said. " Also I have a surprise for you. She will be joining your photoshoot. Now, what are we waiting for? We shall begin!"

Shrieks. God, these girls have high voices. I noticed someone entering the scene but I didn’t get a nice look at the person because Trya asked us to turn around. 

"Girls I have one more surprise" Oh, this girl and her tricks.

She comes near me and whispers " Can-can" Yeah. Bad nickname. I know. "You don't have to turn around. It's the girls we need to surprise." She giggles. Well, if it's not me they should surprise, why not? So I turned around and guess what I saw.

Yes. You guessed it right.

“Ahhh. Great. Just great. You’re here too?” I say to Jake.

“I’m quite surprised you’re here as well.” Jake replies.

“Surprised?” I scoff. “I’m the world’s top model, why the hell wouldn’t I be here? It’s the finals if you haven’t noticed.”

Jake was about to counter but Tyra cut him off. “ Well well” she said. “Girls, you can turn around since Candice here ruined the surprise”

I turned to her ,said I’m sorry and gave her the puppy dog face. A face she couldn’t deny.

When the girls turned around, they were immediately shrieking. Jessica even acted as if she was hyperventilating. Typical. I couldn’t blame them though. The world’s top model and the lead singer of the most popular band on Earth is right in front of them. Hold on a second. Jake’s a signer. What’s he doing on ANTM?

“Tyra, what’s he doing here? He’s a singer. Not a model. He’s not even attractive.” I said while giving Jake a once-over. Okay sure, the last statement was completely not true but hey, a girl’s gotta try, right?

“First, I’m attractive. C’mon girl, admit it, no girl can resist this. Second, I’m here because she told me so. Said I needed to model so I can have experience.” Jake said, pointing to Tyra.

I  was about to contradict about his statements when Tyra cut me off. You see? She likes to cut off people.

“As much as we would like to overhear your argument, we don’t.” She snapped, giving us looks. Oh right, we’re in ANTM. I forgot about that. Stupid Jake. It’s his fault. Blame it on him.

“Now, since both of you said all there is to know, we shall go ahead and get started.” She then babbled about the challenge. I was listening to her but I always feel the burning in my back form Jake’s staring. Tyra said today’s challenge would be impersonating Greek Goddesses. I get to be Aphrodite, the goddess of love, Jake gets to be Zeus, the god of lightning also the king of the gods, Tania is impersonating Artemis, the virgin goddess of the hunt, while Jessica is Athena, the goddess of intelligence and skill. Nice.

After giving us our assignments, we were then rushed to hair and makeup. I let the artists do the work, observing keenly.

When we were finished, I was in the most revealing dress imaginable. It consisted of a little bra that crossed in the middle on its way to my neck, and a little high low skirt all of which were gold. She also had a cute ala-Egyptian headdress.

Next to me was Jessica dressed in a white loose flowy and slightly revealing dress that had a slight trail, a headdress that looked like the head armor of a traditional armor, and a long spear and shield, with foot jewelry but she remained barefoot.

Next to her was Tania, she was dressed in a teal dress that ended in the middle of her thighs that was secured with a brown belt, she had boots that had no soles on them, she had a quiver on her back that had at least 10 arrows and she had a bow with small teal details on it.

And in front of me was Jake. He was wearing a white sheet that hung from his left shoulder down to his hip where you can see part of his chest that also showed part of his 6 pack abs. He was given little golden things that looked like lightning bolts and he, like all of us was wearing a sandal that had no soles so he was also barefoot. He looks hot in that--- woah. Stop that thought. I slapped myself and heard someone laugh. I looked up to see Jake staring into my eyes. His blue orbs staring into my green ones.

Then I thought back to the day when he told me his life was already a living hell. The day when I couldn’t get him out of my head. Countless possibilities were running through my head. Was he abused? Is he on drugs? What’s his deal? He’s like a puzzle piece waiting to be solved. I think he noticed I was trying to solve him when he coughed and averted his eyes. He looked back at me and said “Like what you see?” bringing that annoying and smug smirk on his face. That’s when I snapped back to reality.

“No. I’ve seen better.” I replied. I then rolled my eyes and sat back down just as Tyra came in and said “ Okay girls!” I heard a cough, coming from Jake. I giggled. Well, we all did. All girls anyway. “ I meant, okay girls and Jake!” And again, we all giggled. “First of all, can I say you all look pretty” she looked at Jake and said “And handsome.”

“Okay, the first to be shot will be Jessica.” And so Jessica stood up at around the same time I did and we went to the site. When I arrived there, it looked like I was dragged into a time machine and back to the god’s reign. I saw Jessica grab an old looking scroll on the way to the center.

When we reached the center of the old looking building that looked like Olympus, I went model mode and internalized my character. Aphrodite is the goddess of love. I thought, how does Aphrodite act like? And one work came to me, slutty. No offense to the goddess but she’s always naked so she is sort of slutty. So I squatted at the stone table, with both of my feet pointing in the left direction and stared at the camera, biting my lip.

I stole a glance at Jessica who was staring at Jake and she had unrolled her old scroll extending it as if showing it to him, who is also known as, Zeus who was right behind me.

Jake has one of his hands near me but not near enough so I grabbed his left hand and put it on my right leg while the other hand had a lightning bolt that he had pointed down at the stone table. He was staring at the scroll that Jessica had unrolled.

Come to think of it, we looked like me, as Aphrodite was seducing the camera and I accidentally seduced Zeus as well who was in the middle of talking to Athena who was showing him some intelligence of some sort. It’s complicated.

The photographer, also known as Nigel Barker, winked at me, and I winked back as I know him well because he shot me a lot of times before. Nigel then snapped some photographs in different angles and so it was time for Tania to be shot.

In this shot we had a deer for props and I dropped to the ground crawling towards it in a seducing manner while Tania and Jake acted as if they were about to throw arrows and lightning bolts at it. Nigel again snapped photos and we were done for the day.

I ran back to tent and immediately started to take off the clothes and dressed back to my casual attire consisting of black skinny jeans, heeled knee boots, blood red tank top, and black leather jacket. This is just my favorite outfit so like yeah. I took off my makeup and started re-doing it as how I always do it. Powder, Eyeliner, Mascara, Red Lipstick. And I was done. I looked behind me and noticed the two girls still putting on their clothes along with Jake. I laughed. I guess I was used to speed changing, being a model you had to do it a lot.