Chapter 7 ~ Meeting Gone Wrong

I am  extremely exhausted, and extremely pissed. I had gone from Cloud 9 to Hell in a matter of seconds. Why, you ask? Oh, let me narrate to you why.

Two hours ago…..

After this meeting, I am soooo gonna go home and divulge into my ice cream. I don’t care what Jade will say, I’ll burn it off later. I just want about 10 tubs of ice cream. I want Rocky Road and Cookies and Cream. And maybe this meeting wouldn’t be so bad. I just need to sign some papers with the people from Vogue magazine.

I can’t wait to do this project. Vogue has the best benefits and I have been waiting to work with Vogue since forever. I’ve always been on Teen Vogue and now I’m upgrading. Wahoooo. I’m on Cloud Nineeeeeeeeeeeee.

“Hey Candice” Jade asked.

“Yes, Jade?” I replied.

“Why are you cocking your head side to side and why do you have that creepy smile on?” I didn’t notice. I quickly dropped my smile and shrugged. I looked outside the car door. I completely blanked out. I thought back to what happened in New York. I remember feeling happy, only to be crushed when Jake arrived. Then I remembered doing the shots.

Man, I love my job.

“ Candice. “ Jade said. Snapping in front of my face. I quickly snap back to reality and realized we have arrived. Melting Pot. This is the best restaurant in California. And expensive too. (A/N: I’m not really in California, but I did my research and this restaurant had a lot of good reviews so there J)

We got out of the limo. I was dressed in a black laced fitting cocktail dress that ended in the middle of my thighs. I had black stilettos on and my hair was in a really exotic braid that hung on my right shoulder. I looked at Jade and she was dressed like a business woman. Business top, fitting black skirt, black heels, bun. Yep. She’s a business woman alright.

“Is there a problem, Candice?” Jade asked me.

“No, not at all.” I then walked, well more like strode over to the entrance, I was about to get in when the paparazzi arrived. There were also fans so I pose and signed some autographs, but since I was already running late, I looked at Jade and she understood immediately.

“Alright, alright. That’s enough. Candice has a meeting to go to.”

So I just blew them kisses and walked up to the entrance.

When I entered, I was greeted by the smell of chocolate. I cannot even fathom how much I just wanted to sniff and sniff until I get to its source but I need to get professional so instead I raised my chin up and looked over the restaurant. Jade tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at a booth in which I saw a bunch of people I did not know. But apparently, Jade did. So we walked over to them.

“Hello everyone.” Jade greeted and I soon followed suit. Everyone gave their respective greetings and soon we were talking about business.

“Well, in this contract, you are to shoot with use for 5 days a month for 3 years. Every month, you will be given $30,000.”

When the Mr. I-don’t-know-who said $30,000 I saw Jade cringe and I knew immediately the price was too low for her. I looked at the guy and mentally gave him a sympathetic look for I know what Jade will be saying next.

“$30,000? You have got to be kidding me. Candice here is the World’s Top Model. Not only that she is the best actress and best dancer. And she has worked with Teen Vogue for at least 3 years now. And you’re giving her $30,000? I’m sorry but the lowest we go is $60,000.” Jade said as she sipped on her red wine.

“$60,000 that is too big. The best we can go is $40,000.” The guy countered while taking slight sips on his champagne.

“Well, Mr. Cutler.” Jade said. Ohhh, so his name’s Cutler. I know what Jade’s about to say next and so I prepared to leave as I saw Jade do this a lot of times already. “It was nice doing business with you.” She hasn’t even finished that sentence when both of us stood up.

“Wait.” Ahhh, I knew it. They always bite the bait. And so we sat back down. “$45,000”

“$55,000” Jade said.

“$50,000” Mr. Cutler said.

“Deal.” Jade said. And so I signed the new contract the binds me to Vogue for 3 years with $50,000 per month. I’m rich!

“Okay. So Candice, you start next month for the December issue and you will need to train a new scouted model but someone who is also famous. Mr. jake Alexanders Saunder.”

And with that I choked on the champagne I was drinking.

“I have to whaaaaaa--?” Jade pinched me, giving me warning to stay professional and so I closed my eyes took deep breaths but I remembered what this Mr. Cutler said and so I opened my eyes and said. “Excuse me?”

“I said you need to train Mr. Saunder, I believe you two already know each other and he’s going to tour with you am I correct?”

Okay. Breathe in, breathe out. I finally had an opportunity with Vogue and Jake has to come into the picture. Is he planning to ruin my life? And with that thought, I thought back to when he told me he already lived in a living hell. What did he mean by that? Whatever he means by that, I actually don’t give a shit. He ruins my life, I will ruin his.

And just like that my good mood went down the toilet.

And that, my dear children, is how I got home fuming and not even ice cream could lighten my mood.

And what’s worse, today’s Sunday which means tomorrow I have school. They better prepare, because I won’t be in the mood tomorrow.