Reinforcements

Hermione sighed as she entered the apartment and closed the door behind her.  Her Professor just confessed that she wanted to spend their week off of school together and it excited the young brunette in many ways. Hopefully at the end of the week, they would have established whatever was going on between them and what it meant for the future. She was still facing the door, trying to tame the blush she knew she was sporting when she heard her roommate clear her throat. Turning around, Hermione set her face and asked, "what?"

"So," Ginny's smile spread into a shit eating grin, "how long have you been fucking Professor Black?"

Internally Hermione was panicking but remained as cool as she could given the situation, "what are you insinuating? There's nothing going on between me and Professor Black."

Ginny laughed, "you really think I'm a fool? Come on now. This isn't the first time I've come to walk you home and she's been in your office. Though tonight, your door was locked. Why was your door locked anyways? I may have a concussion." 

"We didn't want to be interrupted while preparing for the final exam and you shouldn't walk head first into the doors. That's not safe."

"Okay," Ginny smiled, "fair enough but why did it take you so long to open the door? Outside of a little office romp, I'm coming up blank as to why that took so long." Hermione rolled her eyes. "Okay, still being stubborn, then why did she walk us home? And what were you out there talking about?"

"You have an awful lot of questions for someone who isn't actually part of this whole situation," she was starting to get defensive.

"Hey," Ginny's tone turned from accusational to reassuring, "I'm not saying I blame you or anything or trying to chastise you. Professor Black is hot. I get it. I just hope you guys aren't being stupid and are risking being caught by the Dean."

"We thought," she sat down on the couch, "that we were being careful but it would appear that we were wrong. First Narcissa then Draco and now you."

"Is she your one night stand sex goddess?" Her face lit up when Hermione's face burned red. "I knew she would be a killer in bed. Tell me everything."

"Absolutely not."

"Come on. You have to give me something. This is like the first relationship you've been in since we've been mates. I need the details," Ginny came and sat down next to her friend.

"I don't even know if it's a relationship yet. We've been on one real date outside of our first night together. And yes," Hermione eyed her friend, "after the date I stayed over at hers but we haven't actually discussed our relationship or this thing between us. Draco tried to insinuate that we were just fucking and Bella got really pissed off at him for trying to define us before we had the chance to figure it out."

"Draco can be stupid sometimes and please if Professor Black goes to punch him, let me know I've been dying to see someone punch him for years now."

Hermione laughed but nodded, "just out there in the hallways, Bella told me that she asked Cissy not to invite me to stay over there this week because she wanted an opportunity to get to know me and explore our relationship."

"Oh shit," Ginny turned to face her friend, "that's right. You usually stay at Draco's during breaks. I suppose you are staying around here then?" She smiled when Hermione nodded, "I'm leaving tomorrow for home so if the two of you have kinky sex in our apartment, I won't know if you branch out from your bedroom."

Hermione slapped Ginny on the shoulder, "stop. She has a cottage, you know."

"A cottage? Doesn't seem like her style."