Chapter Six

I waved my hand when my eyes met Yvonnes'. She gracefully walked towards me, so I prepared a warm smile while waiting for her.

It's been a year since that marriage. Many things happened, but I'm beyond blessed.

Ethan did not fail to make me feel loved and secured. He never make me feel that he's regretting his choice. Instead, he's being boastful for having me. He's proud that I'm his wife.

My heart flutters remembering his gestures. Funny how I always thought that I'm his home, but now, the situation made me realized that it's the other way around.

"Hi, " I greeted.

She sat in front of me and carefully assessed my wholeness.

"You've changed," the first thing that came from her. She's cold. But I chose to ignore it.

It's been a year, and she had changed too. I don't know what's the problem, but since that day - when Adrianna called her to tease me because of my wedding - she became distant.

"Really?" I let out an awkward chuckled. "Being a wife of a successful businessman gradually change me, I guess?" My lips protruded.

Looking at her feels like she's no longer the Yvonne that I adore. She's wearing a sleeveless black dress which prettily embraced her curves. Her brows are perfectly made, her lips are tainted with bright pink, and her blonde hair... it's now in red.

She's drop dead gorgeous but I can't be happy.

I'm afraid that she's hiding something... that she lost all her genuineness and pureness... and that this look... I'm afraid that it's just a façade.

Something pinched my heart.

"Not bad," she nodded.

I lowered my eyes and took a sip on my tea. She's watching me closely and it's making me uncomfortable.

I'm only wearing a simple white A-line dress. It is long sleeves and its length is below my knees. It only have five small brown buttons from its neckline to waist for its design and I opened the first two buttons to look more casual. Make-up is not my thing, so unlike her, my face is bare. My lips are naturally red, so I didn't bother to put some color on it. I sighed. If I will be compared to her, I'm too simple.

She looks cool and I look plain.

But it's alright. I'm comfortable with this. I'm worried if she's not on hers.

"How are you?"

I asked to ease the tension that I'm feeling. Her last response is bothering me. She did not say something bad, but I sense the sarcasm in her voice. I shook my head. We used to be so close. But why do I feel like I'm in front of a stranger?

"Fine. You? Are you happy?"

I stared at her to see her expression, but she's emotionless.

I'm not sure if it's okay to tell her that I am when something is telling me that she's going through something bad. But maybe she's worried, too. After all, she strongly opposed me when I told her that I'm going to propose.

We never had chance to talk about it again. I was expecting her nags and calls until the day of my wedding. But she didn't even send me a message to ask how I was. For a year, it was me who's trying not to cut our communication. It felt like that's what she's trying to do, but I didn't allow her. I know something is wrong, and if she cannot share me the burden, I should at least comfort her with my presence.