𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
TEAM 7 FIRST BIG MISSION
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

»»————- ONE WEEK LATER ————-««

While Kakashi's new team was assigned small missions within the village, Jun was sent on missions with other Jonin. Sometimes it was an escort to another village or the destruction of bandit camps that robbed and killed defenseless people.

It was strange not to be on missions with Kakashi all the time anymore, but he now had his own little Team to take care of.

Again and again Jun tried to convince herself that it would be the best for her, because this way she could maybe forget or suppress the feelings she had towards him. But yeah...she tried to tell that to herself, but it didn't work at all and she realized that the longer she was away from him, the more she missed him and felt the need to be near him.

"You still haven't told him, have you?", Genma asked as she sat with him and the other two Jonin in a pub in a small town before they would head back home tomorrow.

"Does it look anything like this to you?", she asked as she held up her Sake and downed it in one gulp.

"You need to stop doing that, Jun. It's eating you up and when it eventually bursts out of you, it's only going to get worse.", he was right. As always.

"Mind your own business, Genma.", she just mumbled, feeling the alcohol already taking its effect.

"What's it about?", Anko asked when she came back from the toilet and sat down next to Jun.

"Jun has a crush on Kakashi and hasn't told him. It's been going on for over a year now."

"GENMA!", she yelled at him, since she couldn't believe he had actually said that in front of Anko.

"Huh. Interesting.", she said as the bartender put down the glasses of beer and took a sip from it.

"What's interesting?", Genma inquired and Jun excreted the next pint of Sake.

"I overheard Kakashi talking to Kurenai a while ago. I think they talked about you, Jun and that he probably has feelings too. For some time now.", she answered as if it was the most normal thing in the world and at that moment, Jun choked on her beer and started coughing.

"W-WHAT?", she only brought out coughing and she heard Genma start laughing.

"Okay, let me get this straight. Jun has feelings for Hatake and I guess it's the same the other way around. And yet the two of them are fucking other people so they don't have to admit those feelings to each other? This is fucked up.", he was still laughing and now wiping the tears from the corners of his eyes.

But Jun just sat there, not knowing what to say or do at that moment. That their feelings were mutual...she absolutely wouldn't have expected that and somehow, she couldn't process that.

Maybe it was the alcohol or the fact that this thought just seemed completely absurd.

For more than a year and a half she had these feelings for him and every time he looked at her, randomly touched her or talked to her, she wondered if he would ever return her feelings and then, in a small pub in a town hardly anyone knew, she heard the words of Anko that ignited a small flame of hope in her.

"I think Kurenai meant that he should make a move if he didn't want Jun to be snatched away from under his nose. But when he saw her go to her place with you for the first time, after a night of humid fun in the bar, I think he lost hope and kept his feelings for himself.", she said, glancing briefly at Genma before stroking Jun's back reassuringly after the finally stopped coughing.