4

POV Tony:

I felt miserable, it's been a year since my sister had died at the hands of Bernardo who had gone with his wife back to Puerto Rico, Maria stayed with me but that didn't make it any less painful.

My little one, my sister was dead, and Riff was probably out of town on the run from the police.

Grazie and Vilma wouldn't tell me where my sister's things had gone or whether Riff had taken them with him.The police said they knew nothing, the rumors were that he had jumped off the pier or had been killed by Bernardo.I don't know what to believe anymore, the Jets and I have looked for them everywhere but there was no sign of them.

-Tony!, I heard that Ice called me

-What's wrong Ice?, I asked-I found a receipt at Velma's house, two tickets to go to the other side of the city, I bought them half an hour before Riff disappeared.

- Are you saying that maybe Marie and Riff planned to escape together?-Yes, but in the end he just left Rff

-But the other side of the city is too big, it will be impossible to find them.-Not impossible, Tiger got into the conversation, about two hours ago Grazie called her grandmother Martha, she was going to ask for someone but when she saw me she hung up.

-Okay guys, we'll find out the address and go find Riff once and for all.

Marie's POV:

It's been a year since Riff and I ran away, Martha gave Riff a job at her store and she was kind enough to get us a house on the outskirts of the city to live as a family, we got a car, we adopted a dog named Jet .

Many good things happened, but the best was Daisy and the little wedding that Riff and I had, Grazie and Velma were the only guests along with Mrs. Martha may she rest in peace.In our house the walls were covered with pictures of Daisy, of Riff and me and the few pictures we had with Tony, the Jets, Velma and Grazie.Riff had the day off and we decided to spend it at home with Daisy, we made cookies, we danced, we played with Jet, Daisy had learned to walk and now she was unstoppable.

The doorbell rang suddenly, no one came unannounced as a visor, not Velma, not Grazie, much less Mrs. Martha, may she rest in peace.

I grabbed Daisy, Jet followed the sound of the bell and Riff ran to open the door.

Tony's POV:

I was excited to see Riff, the Jets and I were standing in front of the door of a big house, music inside it and the barking of a dog.

-Are you sure this is the place?, asked Baby John looking around.

There was a black car parked in front of the house, the yard was full of flowers and green grass, and the backyard could be seen as a playground for children.

- That's what the store clerk said, I answered and rang the bell.

Footsteps were heard near the door and the shadow of someone walking was seen.

Riff opened the door, the smile that he had when he opened the door disappeared immediately he saw me.

- Tony... how... how did you find me? , he asked me a barking dog approached me.

-Why did you leave?, was the first thing I asked him

The paracio tried to find an excuse, I took the opportunity to look at him, he had clean and good quality clothes, combed hair and what most caught my attention was a wedding ring on his hand.

-Is that a wedding ring?, I asked grabbing his hand

He seemed to get more nervous.

-Honey, who is it?, a voice was heard from inside the house, it seemed familiar to me but I couldn't recognize it.

The Jets and I looked at each other, was he married?

- Honey, stay there, he said.

-Honey? what the hell is going on here Riff?, I raised my voice a little

A cry was heard from inside the house, the cry of a baby.

-No, no, darling, sleep, dad will come soon, the voice was heard cooing the baby.

- A baby!? I asked, why don't you answer my questions?

-Tony please don't make this more difficult than it already is, I need you to leave as soon as possible.

-I'm not going to go without answers, I'm not going to go without you Batman, I told him and tried to enter the house being stopped by his arm.

Footsteps were heard and when I turned to look there was a baby, with brown hair and the same eyes as Riff, her smile was the same as Marie's and that's when I put all the points together.

-No, Daisy go to mommy, he told her holding her in his arms

-Daisy!, and that's when I saw her, wearing a red dress and her hair down, with a smile just like the one I remembered.

-Tony!?, She said surprised grabbing the baby in her arms.

-What the hell is going on here?, I asked them both and they both sighed.

-Come in!, Marie told us

We all entered the house, the most beautiful house I had ever been in, there were photos of a wedding, the birth of a baby, a happy couple standing in front of a house, a family playing in the backyard, photos of when we were children, photos of the Jets and the west side.

-The day of the rumble, Marie explained after putting the baby in her crib, I discovered that I was pregnant with Riff's baby.

-What!?, She interrupts her, when...?

-The night of the party, she answered, as she said, that day we made a deal with Bernardo, he helped us to fake my death in exchange for two tickets back to Puerto Rico for his wife and for him, we escaped to Mrs. She and Martha helped us get married, she left her company to Riff after her death, we got a house, a car, adopted a dog and then Daisy was born.

- Sounds like you guys have a good life here, Baby John said

-Why didn't they stay? I asked, we could have solved it together!

-If the other gangs discovered that I would have a baby they would have attacked Marie and Daisy, I would not allow that to happen.

We sat in silence and the baby came out of her room, somehow she had managed to get out of her crib and walk to the living room.

-Well hello little one, I said hello while she sat on my lap, it's a pleasure to meet you Daisy.

The end