12%

I was escorted out by Luke, and then we were in a limo. Something that I had always looked forward to doing while going to prom. I was so happy and surprised right now, I couldn't explain.

It was a silent ride there, and every time I looked over to Luke he had a smile on his face.
As we pulled up, through the dim windows I could see people staring, and even saw some of my friends that have been waiting on my arrival.

The limo came to a slow stop, and Luke grabbed my hand a pulled me out. I held on to my dress, and stopped to talk to my friend.

"Oh wow! This can't be true, you didn't let me ride with you!" she said with a sigh.

"Sorry, I would have invited you, but I didn't even know this was going to happen. It was a huge surprise."

She did look as disappointed now, so me and my date slowly walked in. The school gym was full of food, music, colorful lights, decor, and mostly, people. Almost all of my friends were here; most of them stayed home.

This year we did Prom Queen and King, and I didn't even bother to be part of it or take any votes. Luke did tell me that we were some of the nominees, though.

I took a seat and by best friends, Payton and Angelina tagged along. We talked for a good long while, and Luke had came by my side. Next thing I know he is with his friends, and their dates.

He wasn't doing much with me, and that mad me a little sad. I walked up to him and said "hey, you wanna get some drinks? Maybe sit and talk? Or even dance?"

I was getting kind of worried that he was talking to another girl. I walked into the hallway, and opened my locker. I got a scrap of paper, and started writing.

I have loved you from day one, and I don't want this to end. Please stick with me? I love you to death.

I went back to the gym, and saw that he wasn't there either.

I was so frustrated. What if he is dancing or hanging out with another girl? Has he forgotten about me?

I had these stupid thoughts running through my head. I needed to clear them out, so I went to the girls room to think for a minute. I leaned my head against the wall, and about five minutes later I got a text.

Hey, where you at? I have been looking for you all night.

I responded simple, telling him that I was in the hall. I had moved back to my locker, and this time there was a note in the vent. Just like the good times when we gave each other notes.

I love you to pieces.

I smiled, feeling better about myself. I started to go back to the gym, and they were announcing King and Queen.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't win, so I didn't have to be called up and everyone had to pay attention to me.

But sure enough, our names were called.

"May I take this dance, my fair lady?" he asked with a slight smile.

"Why sure!' I said

"I love you to pieces also, Luke." I said.

This night was one to never forget, and I was sure of it.