Chapter 8: Vents

"Oh, my darling sister Elle!" Rio's voice called from downstairs, making me roll my eyes. I already know that he wants something.

I gave myself one final look in the mirror. I wore a white exercise skirt and a black t-shirt, ready for my training session with Sin. I kept my hair down but had an elastic on my wrist just in case. 

Rio was standing there with a smile once I reached the bottom of the stairs. He asked, "Can you drop me off at my friends' house on your way to the gym?"

"I guess," I shrugged, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge.

I watched Rio nearly fall over while putting on his white high-top converse, before standing back up to his full height. We walked outside together, the sun shining brightly as if it hadn't stormed at all yesterday. 

Rio typed his friends' address into my GPS before I pulled out of the driveway, and Rio kept going, "Careful, don't hit that biker. Careful, don't hit that old lady. Careful, don't hit that baby."

"There's nobody around, Rio! Shut up," I muttered, making him laugh as if irritating me was his goal. Which it probably was, because that's what he loves to do as a younger sibling. 

Once I parked in the driveway, I locked the door before he could get out, making him roll his eyes. I told him sternly, "Remember, if they start doing anything you shouldn't, call me. I'll show up, kick their ass, and then bring you home."

"Got it. Anything else, mom?"

"Get out before I hit you," I said while unlocking his door.

He got out and rushed into his friends house, and I waited until he was all the way in before pulling out and starting to drive to my training session with Sin. 

----------

I swung the door open, ready to greet Sin with a smile. But a random guy stood in the middle of the room, making my eyebrows draw together.

His eyes met mine, "Hey. Sin is still sick, so I'm in to cover for him today. My name's Berry."

"Hey," I smiled at him.

I walked over to him and tossed my bag onto the floor before meeting my eyes with his again. I pursed my lips and looked away when I realized he was looking my body up and down. I cleared my throat, "So, lets get started?"

"Sure thing. Come here," he cocked his head over to the mat. 

I walked over with him, and he told me, "We're gonna spar."

"Cool. I hope you have insurance, Berry, because I'm about to put you in the hospital," I hyped myself up. I'm trying to manifest kicking his ass. 

A laugh came out of him. He smirked at me, "You can definitely put your hands on me."

I cringed internally. Never say that again. 

I went to get into a fighter's stance when he stopped me, "You gotta stand like this."

He stood behind me, and my jaw dropped out of disgust as I felt his hard-on graze my back.

"Just...like....this..." he spoke, his hands on my waist moving me around.

I gulped uncomfortably. The way his hands were on me didn't feel helpful, they felt like they wanted something else. I looked over my shoulder, but quickly snapped my head back around once I saw that his eyes were looking at my ass.

"Okay, yeah, I got it," I took a step away from him. "So, can we spar now?"

"Of course," he said, moving to stand across from me.