Chapter 34: College

"How many people are here makes me sick," Nico scowled.

I laughed, watching him glare at all of the people walking around campus. It was a beautiful day, with a clear sky and a temperature not too hot, but not too cold. 

Boston University stood in front of us. Although my heart still aches every day from missing Rio, I know that he wants me to continue living my life. And that starts with deciding what I want to go to school for.

"The campus is so beautiful," I observed as we slowly started to walk around.

I didn't want to go to Boston University. I didn't want to go to a school so big, but Nico convinced me to come. He thinks that it'll start to make me think of things I'd want to do for a career since I can't work at the flower shop forever.

We walked down the path, getting hit by the rays of sunshine that found their way through the tree branches.

"So, have you decided yet?" Nico asked impatiently. He didn't seem to like the many students here.

I shoved my side into him slightly, "Hey, don't forget that this was your idea, buddy."

His eyebrows scrunched at the word 'buddy.'

"Okay bro," he replied back, and this time, I scrunched my eyebrows.

"I'm not your bro."

"And I'm not your buddy."

"Okay, deal. Sugarpie honey bun."

He leaned down and kissed my cheek, and the feeling of his stubble on his jawline made me giggle. I was expecting my nickname to annoy him, but to my surprise, he didn't say anything.

"Elle?" a familiar voice spoke from behind me.

I turned around, and my face formed a huge smile seeing Winter approach me. She pulled me into a quick hug and asked excitedly, "What are you doing here?"

"Trying to figure my shit out," I summarized to her.

She nodded, her blue eyes seeming brighter than usual in the sun. I quickly cleared my throat and asked her, "What are you doing here? I thought you had summers off?"

"I do, I'm here because I had to drop off some forms. I'm transferring schools, so I won't start here in the fall," she told me, making my head tilt. "I'm transferring to a smaller school, but it's still in Boston. So don't worry, we can still hang out."

I felt relieved at the end of her sentence. I smiled at her, "Good - we're gonna be friends forever, Winter. I swear."

"Good, you're one of the sweetest people I've ever met. But I have to go, I have a date," her voice raised an octave at the end.

"A date?!" my jaw dropped. "With who?"

"His name is Sin."

Nico choked on his spit.

Winters eyebrows furrowed at Nicos' reaction. She asked him, "Do you know him?"

Nico just nodded, like he didn't wanna use his words. I rolled my eyes and nudged him with my elbow, making him speak up, "Yea, we work together."

"Really?" Winter said with a shocked expression. "Wow, small world. I just ran into him last night while I was walking my dog, he was sitting in front of a McDonald's and I gave him 5 dollars because I thought he was homeless."

I slapped my hand over my mouth while I laughed, and a slight chuckle came from Nico. 

"Good luck with that motherfucker. He's a good guy, but not the brightest," Nico shook his head. "Walked in on him one time watching a tutorial on YouTube of how to tie your shoes."