It's You / 018

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It's You

민해

"I am not sleeping on the floor," we chorused, as if on cue. Our heads flew to face each other at the same time, eyebrows furrowed.

"FINE!" we synchronised, once again. "You don't have to!" Chanyeol said.

"I know!" I huffed. I stomped to the bathroom. "I'm showering first!" I mumbled and slammed the door.

\\\

After taking a hot shower and brushing my teeth (it may or may not have been at the same time), I shimmied into some comfortable clothes, which included shorts and a college sweater I don't remember getting or buying. I ran a brush through my hair after towel-drying it and slipped out of the bathroom. When I saw the unnaturally tall roommate of mine, I glared and he glared back, moving to go take a shower himself. I looked at the stupid bed that couldn't be cut in half and sighed. The television worked, but it wouldn't surpass the volume of 5 and played something in a different language without subtitles. The room was cute indeed, but it didn't benefit me at all.

After trying to comprehend what two people, Vietnamese I think, were saying, I eventually gave up and looked at the digital clock. It read 7:59, leaving one minute before lights would be out. Just then, the crackling of thunder and rain could be heard. Great, just great. A second later, the light in the room popped and flickered before it completely went out.

"Curse this stupid astraphobia of mine," I muttered, shakily taking my part of the bed and curling up. Next thing you know, the bathroom door opens. And when it does, it revealed a lanky figure with a bright light sculpting his body perfectly from behind. His grey sweatpants hung dangerously low on his hips, a thin dark shirt stuck to chest and revealed a bit of skin, a towel lay limp over his shoulders with visibly damp hair sticking to his forehead. Don't get me wrong, Chanyeol has always appeared incredibly attractive to me, but his attitude towards me always made me look at him with different eyes. It was just this specific moment that seemed quite dramatic to me and made my heart flutter--- just a little bit.

"What are you staring at?" he asked skeptically, his deep voice interrupting my train of thought. My eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"The wall, duh," I said sarcastically. After the words fell from my lips, a loud clap of thunder was heard. I immediately shoved my face into the pillow and tightened my grip on the blankets. Then, something worse than thunder was heard. He was laughing. He was really laughing.

"Y-You're really afraid of thunder?" he said. A flash of lightening brightened the room. I flinched visibly.

"And lightening?"

This was probably the most embarrassing moment ever. He was laughing at me full on because of my fears. More clashing of thunder and lightening could be heard, and I found my eyes watering. I was scared, childhood memories of my fears flashing before my brain. Plus, this walking tower's obnoxious laughing wasn't helping a single bit.

"So what! You're afraid of something, too, you have no room to talk!" I shouted, pulling my head away from my pillow to give him a piece of my mind. His face turned from a mixture of amusement to shock and guilt. I plunged myself back into the pillow, shaking. I felt another pillow placed by my back and something move on the bed. He probably put a barrier in between us.

After silence passed with the audible sound of rain, he spoke again.

"Sorry."

I bit my lips hard, trying to keep myself from saying anything. That failed, though.

"It's okay," I said quietly, "I don't know why I overreacted. I should've expected you to say something about me, anyways." It came out a little more harsh than I was aiming for. Another roar of thunder and lightening echoed throughout the room, as if the sea was having a fight with the sky. I gripped the sheets hard again, shaking harder. I felt my hands prick with sweat and my breathing become shallow.

Suddenly, something that I didn't expect to happen, happened.

The pillow separating us was removed and I was flipped over, catching a quick glimpse of a guilty face in the dark, and enveloped into a pair of warm, inviting arms. To say I was surprised was an understatement, but I didn't move.

Instead, I held him closer.

"Y-You looked l-like you needed a hug, so..," he stammered. I could just feel the heat crawling up his cheeks.

"Just be quiet, Chanyeol," I whispered. He did as told. A series of more thunder passed, lightening struck through the skys and the rain came down like monsters. I felt myself grab on to him like he was the only the pinning me down to the Earth, burying my head in his chest. I could hear his fast-paced heartbeat.

Or was it mine?

He held me against him softer but tighter, placing his chin on top of my head and slowly caressing my hair a I sniffled. I could here his heart beat, it was beating fast. I could feel my own heartbeat, too, and it wasn't slamming against my chest repeatedly only because of my astraphobia.

"Shh," he whispered, "stop crying. Don't be afraid, I'm right here."

I nodded slowly, but the continuos raging weather was making me doubt his words. What if he let go? What if I lost his hold?

"Nan ganghae boyeodo usgo isseodo
Honjail ttaega manha
Neul geokjeong hana eopseo boyeodo
Hal mari manha
Cheom bon sungan neomuna kkeullyeoseo
Igeosjeogeot jaeji moshago malhaesseo," I heard soft singing.

"A-Are you---"
"Shhh, be quiet and go to sleep," he said. I nodded again, holding on to him tightly.

"The answer is you
My answer is you
Nae modeun geol da boyeo jwo bwasseo
You are my everything
Neomu hwaksinhaeseo

Jom deo josimhal geol nal deo akkil geol
Nae mam dachiji anhge
Sum meomchwo beoril geot gateun
Ireon gibun na cheoeumingeol
Meorissogen ontong ne saenggakman
Neoui pyojeong useumsoriga deullyeo

The answer is you
That is you
My answer is you
Only you
Nae modeun geol da boyeo jwo bwasseo
You are my everything
Neomu hwaksinhaeseo

Gidaryeossdan mal han madi
Na haji moshae sseugo jiune
Neoui harul gunggeumhae haneun ge
Naui haruui jeonbuin geol

Gidarilge you you you
Mam yeoreo jwo you you
Nado nae mam eojjeol suga eopseo
You are my everything
Yeongwonhalge my love

Oh i'm nothing
Tteonaji ma geunyang
Ne gyeoteman issge haejwo
Geunyang ne gyeoteman issge haejwo
Amuri saenggakhaedo oh it's you
Nan neoraseo
It's you
It's you."

Throughout the night, he just sang. His deep yet soft voice distracted me from the sounds of the thunder and the flickers of lightening, and even though his voice sometimes cracked or he messed up, I was grateful. Occasionally, when he could feel my hands trembling, he would shush me again and continue his singing, whispering right into my ear in such away I couldn't help but feel so comfortable and protected.

He held me tightly after I fell asleep, protecting me from the darkness and the rain.

"It's you."

( total count: 1212 )

[ A/N: ] Here's another chapter to make up for my lacking in updating, hope you like it~ I made this a long time ago so excuse any mistakes. Hehe~~