Chapter 43: Revelations

Happy Reading ❤️

♣️♣️♣️

Stacy took time to ponder our question before finally replying with a question that left us shocked and confused.

"You do know they're twins right?"

We all stared at her confused before finally deciphering her words.

Twins??

Sophia has a twin?

Someone she's been separated from for months.

But where was this twin all this while?

"A twin?" Stacy nodded meekly at Seb's questions.

"They are two beautiful girls. So pretty and cute." She said with a soft smile on her face.

"Where is she now?" I asked, not mentally prepared for her answer.

"Both the girls were with them after their mother's death but I left after they gave one away." She sobbed softly making me take a shaky breath.

I took support of something behind me leaning on to it.

"Can you tell us everything you know?" Hannah asked.

"I was hired by Hazel when she was 7 months pregnant." Stacy started after sometime of silence.

"She was expecting twins and could not work anymore. I was supposed to help her with everything and take good care of her. I didn't know anything about her apart from her name. I was paid well for my work so I didn't even bother asking her anything. All I knew was that she didn't have good relations with her family and the father of her babies wasn't in the picture."

"There were sevaral times when I could hear her cry at night. I didn't want to pry but still decided to warn her as it was not safe for her babies."

"She was probably vulnerable that night  so she ended up blurting out everything. She told me that her father was involved in some mafia and her mother died a few years ago. She had no idea what her father did but it was only after her mother's death that she found out. Someone from the mafia wanted to get married to her so she panicked and escaped. Her father tried to bring her back but she refused." I could feel fear settle in the pit of my stomach at the mention of a mafia.

"This was when she met a guy named Chris and wanted to settle down with him. After dating for a few months they found out that they were expecting. Everything was going fine until her cousin Diego found out. She didn't have any siblings so her cousin worked with her father. He manipulated her father regarding her boyfriend. Her father was furious that she was dating the wrong guy and ended up killing him." I suddenly felt Seb stiffen and grab my hand in his.

"She was devasted but she knew she had to keep going for her babies. She finally confronted her father making him regret his decision. So she decided on living away from her father to keep her children safe. But one night Diego found his uncle's will and realised he had been trying to reconcile with his daughter and gave away everything to her. He was furious that he ended up killing his uncle and planned to kill his cousin as well. When her little babies were just six months old."

"I was there in the apartment when he barged inside with his men. I rushed inside to be with babies but I could hear everything inside. He told her how all his life he had manipulated his uncle against his daughter to gain his trust and wealth. I rushed out when things turned messy but just when I stepped out, he shot her. I tried to escape in the room to the babies but they captured us. We were with them for fifteen days before they decided to give one away."