Chapter 3: Conversations

I just finished my first shot and Ellie is already on her fourth.

"So?" Ellie asked looking hopeful.

"What so?" I asked to which she gave me her cheeky smile, battling her eye lashes.

And we finally have drunk Ellie with us!!

"What's the deal with Mr. Rayne? I thought you guys are planning to get married and you didn't even introduce me to him" she said frowning making me sigh.

"Come-on tell me" she insisted. "I deserve an explanation here, because I am yet to meet my best friend's soon to be fiance."

"We'll talk about this later, come we need to dance." I said trying to make her drop the topic but she shook her head.

"I am not going anywhere, so are you!" She said pointing her fingers at me.

"Come-on tell me. I can give you advise. You know that drunk me is smarter than sober me right?" She is definitely not dropping this.

"What do you want to know? there's nothing to talk." I asked while she looked at me curiously.

"Tell me everything" she said leaning towards me making me roll my eyes.

"You already know everything. It's an arranged marriage and I didn't even have a proper conversation with him about this." I shrugged.

"And he didn't even call? I mean why did he even go in the first place?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

"Their building a franchise of their hotel in Italy so he has to be there to take care of everything." I sighed before looking back at her.

"That's what he told me before leaving. He said that we will talk when he's back." I stopped.

"So why don't you call him?" She asked me and I sighed.

That's something she had asked me before but I still have no answer to this question.

"I don't know." I shrugged before moving for my second and last drink for the day.

Don't judge me okay...I am supposed to drive and handle a highly drunk best friend!

She kept looking at me daring me to stop this conversation so I continued.

"Things are still awkward between us I guess. I agree that I know him since childhood and he's always been Aiden's best friend. We've played together on almost all of our vacations. But then, suddenly...." I sighed.

I don't know why I have to tell her this again. I mean she already knows the entire story.

"Continue" she said narrowing her eyes at me.

"And why are we having this conversation again?" I asked her while she smiled.

"Because drunk me really knows nothing about this. She needs to know. She's the smarter one! Remember?" She said grinning and I rolled my eyes.

"That doesn't matter! Drunk Ellie is not my best friend so it's not a big deal to me if she doesn't know." I replied playing along making her glare at me.

"Are you telling me or not?" She asked pouting making me smile.

Well here goes nothing!

"Okay. So where was I? Yeah we were friends since childhood. Aiden was always possessive about me so he would chase all my guy friends away. Not that I was complaining because I would play with him and Sebastian.. I mean Mr. Sebastian Rayne. They were always so good to me. I remember I would force them to do gardening with me and they never said no. Being with them I was not really exposed to all this barbie dolls and stuff so I never really liked that. But apparently all the other girls thought I was boring so they were not interested in being friends with me. So I practically had no friends. That was until I met this girl named Ezme slash Ellie at college. She was as crazy as me and finally I found my first and only best friend." I said clapping my hands and I could see her trying to fight a smile.