C94: Parents' obstruction (1)

On this day, Lin Moyan was lying on the bed, flipping through a novel while being accompanied by Fang Yu who was working overtime at home. All of a sudden, his phone rang harshly, interrupting Lin Moyan who was engrossed in the story. He picked up his phone impatiently and did not speak, silently expressing his dissatisfaction.

The call was connected and no one spoke, but they could hear each other's shallow breathing. Encountering such a stalemate, Lin Moyan was even more irritated. Some time passed before a cold and stiff voice flowed from the phone, "I'm Fang Yu's mother. Come meet me at 10 tomorrow morning at Eden Café in the city centre. Let's keep this between us, there is no need to let Fang Yu know about our meeting." After that, without waiting for Lin Moyan's reaction, she hung up.

Lin Moyan stared at the phone that had been cut off and a headache started to develop. Why did he have to meet Fang Yu's parents so soon? Not to mention, his mother seemed to have no good feelings towards him.

Fang Yu, who wanted to steal a kiss from his baby, saw Lin Moyan staring stupidly at his phone in a daze. Fang Yu put down the files in his hand, moved to Lin Moyan and put his arms around the other's shoulders, "Baby, what's the matter?"

Lin Moyan moved his somewhat stiff neck and looked at Fang Yu baffled, "Your mother called me..."

Fang Yu's face distorted. He turned Lin Moyan around so that they were face to face. He anxiously asked, "What did she say? Does she want you to leave me? I won't agree to it!"

Lin Moyan blinked. The anxiety on Fang Yu's face broke him out of his stupor. He took a deep breath, the corners of his mouth curling up, forming a soothing smile. He patted Fang Yu gently and replied, "No, she didn't say that, and I promise I won't leave you anymore. She only said that she wanted to see me at a cafe in the city centre at ten o'clock in the morning. She even told me not to inform you but you're my boyfriend after all, why wouldn't I tell you?"

Hearing the assurance from the other party, Fang Yu was a little relieved. He opened his arms to wrap around Lin Moyan and lowered his head to kiss the white neck in front of him. He gathered his thoughts and spoke again, "Although she didn't specify why she wanted to meet you, it must be because of our relationship. What my parents care about the most are their faces. They would definitely not approve of our relationship. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, baby."

Lin Moyan sighed and withdrew slightly from Fang Yu's embrace, reaching out to touch his cheek. He gently slid his finger back and forth on Fang Yu's smooth skin, "It's not your fault so don't apologise."

Fang Yu was extremely tense. Although he knew that he wouldn't be able to hide his relationship from his parents for long, he didn't expect them to find out so soon. He figured that his actions last time to save Lin Moyan had been too conspicuous. To add on, his work efficiency had also decreased so his parents were bound to find out what something was wrong.

After thinking about it, he was still worried about Lin Moyan. After all, he knew that his mother was not an easy person to deal with. He anxiously suggested, "I'll come with you tomorrow."

Lin Moyan kissed Fang Yu's tight lips and hugged the other's waist tightly. He thought for a while and said, "I'll go by myself. You have to go to work tomorrow, and she instructed me to not tell you about our meeting. I don't want to leave a bad impression on her."

"I can't rest assured. What if she threatens you to leave me and you can't handle her pressure?" Fang Yu tightened his arm on Lin Moyan's waist.

"Is it so easy to make me leave you? Don't worry, I'll be fine. If you're so anxious, I can put you on call the entire time and you can listen to us. Isn't that fine?" Lin Moyan finally came up with a compromise. Although Fang Yu's relationship with his parents was not the best, he didn't want to make it even more fragile.

Fang Yu buried his head between Lin Moyan's neck, inhaling the scent of the shampoo. He briefly considered the feasibility of this plan. Although he was still not at ease in his heart, he still reluctantly agreed and said, "Fine then, remember to call me the moment you see her."

At 9:30 the next morning, Lin Moyan arrived at the Eden Café, found a place by the window, and sat down to wait for Fang Yu's mother. Although he told Fang Yu not to worry, he was also unsettled. After all, he was meeting Fang Yu's elder. Fang Yu and his parents did not have a deep relationship but there was still a blood relationship, that could never be erased so he found it difficult to face Fang Yu's mother calmly.

Lin Moyan's heart was beating rapidly and he slowed down his breathing as much as possible to reduce the tension in his heart. Just as it was approaching ten o'clock, Fang Yu's mother appeared. Lin Moyan could recognize her at a glance because the woman looked exactly like the picture he saw in Fang Yu's room. The only difference was that she had a more mature charm to her.

Her hair was curled up high, revealing a slender and graceful neck, and the corners of her mouth were arched slightly, maintaining a perfect smile. Her pace was neither slow nor fast but she walked very elegantly. Her eyes swept across the coffee shop and finally settled on Lin Moyan before she headed straight for him.

Lin Moyan looked at the woman walking towards him, tapped his finger on the phone and placed it on the table. At the same time, he stood up with a smile and greeted her. She glanced at him condescendingly and took a seat.

Lin Moyan frowned slightly but he silently put up with it and sat down again. Without waiting any longer, she opened her mouth to speak, "I won't make small talk and drag this out for any longer than we have to. I came here to ask you to leave Fang Yu. Name any conditions you have, I will fulfil them as long as you promise to leave Fang Yu and never approach him again."

Listening to her words, Lin Moyan felt his ears ring. He smiled at the person opposite and spoke, "Sorry but this is not something I can decide. You should ask your son instead."

He could only suppress the urge to curse out the other person. He found her attitude utterly intolerable.

The woman wrinkled her brows and took out a file of documents from her bag and pushed it to Lin Moyan. She spoke with a hint of sarcasm, "You can't give birth to Fang Yu's successor. Although you have things that belong to a female, it doesn't mean that you can really give birth to a child. Even if you can, you are not a woman. We will recognise neither you nor your children."

Lin Moyan listened to her mocking words and kept flipping through the documents. Every time he turned a page, his heart became even colder. The first page only contained his basic situation but the pages following that chilled him to his core. There were many copies of his childhood medical records, all of which were irrefutable proof of his abnormal body.

His face paled until he resembled a sheet of paper. His lips were pursed tightly and his fingers were quivering slightly.

He had been completely exposed.

He closed his eyes, trying to hide the vulnerability that had reared its head.

Before he closed his eyes completely, his gaze swept over his phone which was connected to Fang Yu. Recalling their memories, a warm and fuzzy feeling flooded him. In just a few seconds, his fragility and vulnerability had been dispelled by the thought of Fang Yu.

Lin Moyan opened his eyes. Although his face was still pale, he was much calmer. He looked at the woman who was staring at him contemptuously and said softly, "Sorry, I didn't know you were old enough to be a grandmother."

The arrogant smile on her face froze in place. No matter how confident a woman was, when it came to their age, they would certainly be dealt a blow.

Lin Moyan didn't want to say such harsh words, but he was not a soft persimmon that anyone could pick.

The woman on the opposite side picked herself up quickly and put on her smiling mask again, "If you don't leave, I will make your secrets known to everyone. You wouldn't be able to show your face in school anymore."

The corners of Lin Moyan's mouth curled up uncontrollably. They were really mother and son, even their threats were the same!

The familiar words made Lin Moyan relax even more. He folded his hands on the edge of the table, leaned forward slightly, and said in a low voice, "It's okay, someone will support me."

The face of the woman opposite twisted but in the end, she didn't speak a word. She reached out her hand and took the half-cold coffee on the table. Disregarding her etiquette, she gulped down the coffee, got up and left.