Ring

It's been about 2 weeks since I came to know this stranger in the coma. Everyday more cuts and bruises heal and disappear making me recognize the Riley I've always known. In the beginning I stayed in the hospital during the night but after one week I had to start sleeping in a bed. Every once in while all the Lynch's will come to visit but everyday Ryland and Rydel come. Ryland mainly comes to support me and Rydel is most definitely here for Riley which makes me feel good. I haven't seen Ross's face once. Rydel said he's never at home either says he's always at Sydney's house. Ugh! I hate that girl.

I was starting to get nervous thinking Riley will never wake up but Ryland tells me she'll pull through. He's the only reason I haven't gone crazy yet. But if Riley doesn't wake up in 2 days I'm going to have to leave her here while I go back to Kansas to finish high school. She has to wake up!

Riley's POV

I woke up on the floor of a plain white room. Nothing was around or near me. "Hello!" No response.

"Hellooooooo!" I yelled into the nothingness.

"Hi" a gentle voice came from behind me. I turned around to see "Zach?"

"That's right it's me!"

"I thought you were dead?!"

"I am."

"Does that mean I'm dead?"

"No you're just in coma, so you're in between right now."

"In between what?"

"Death and Life."

"Do I have to choose?"

"No you have a clear path."

"To what?"

"That's the surprise. Listen Riley, me dying was not your fault."

"Yes it was! If I never would have called you, you wouldn't be here!"

"I was the one who wanted to come to you, I chose my path."

"But-"

"No buts, you have a new guy in your life."

"Who are you talking about?"

"Ross."

"Ross has a girlfriend."

"Yes but you have feelings for him no?"

"I do."

"Then tell him! Tell him how you feel."

"But what if my path isn't life?"

"Then you could tell him if he ever ends up in a situation like this. Riley, I will always love you and I know that you need to tell Ross how you feel."

"I've always loved you too. Let me come with you! Let's live an eternal life together!"

"Riley that's not how this works!"

"I love you Zach!"

"I love you too so I want to give you this," he pulled a box out of nowhere and opened it. Inside was a ring with a small stone in the middle. "This is a ring that shows you that I'm always with you and that I love you, if you ever need me just say the words." He slowly started to back up.

"What words?!"

"You'll know when the time is right." He turned around and disappeared leaving me back in this room of nothingness. I slowly fell back on to the ground and felt my eyes get heavy.

Seconds later my eyelids felt like feathers and are fluttering open to be blinded by a bright light. Once I'm able to see I looked down to see the ring Zach gave me on my finger making me smile. I continued to scan around the room until I see Emma crying on the couch with Ryland there to comfort her. "Emma what are you crying about?"

Her head shoots up at the sound of my voice. "Riley your awake!!!"

"Yeah I am. Did I miss something?"

"Only about the past few weeks of your life, you've been in a coma!"

"What?! I thought I was gone for like 5 minutes."

"No you've been gone a while, we actually are suppose to leave tomorrow to go back to Kansas."

Dang it! "Let me call the others and tell them your awake."

When she came back twenty minutes later she was followed by Rydel, Riker, Rocky, another blonde boy and a dark haired girl.

Rydel squealed and ran over to me. "I'm so glad your awake!"

"It's nice to see you guys too but I have a question."

"Shoot." Riker said.

"Um who are you and you?" I asked.