Date

(Zach (the ex) is above)

Ross' POV

~couple weeks later~

Today, I think in know Riley well enough to, ask her out. I texted her a little bit ago and she's suppose to meet me here at this little ice cream shop. I really hope she says yes and if the day goes well then I'll ask her to be my girl- "Hey!" A familiar voice said bringing me out of my thoughts, I looked up to see her.

"Hey, lets go grab some ice cream." I got up from the bench I was waiting at and ordered our ice cream.

"Let me pay" she said.

"No way! I'm paying" I argued back.

"Oh come on just this one time" but before I could refuse she handed the cashier the money.

"I'll get you back for this."

"Sure you will." We then grabbed our ice cream and sat down and talked for awhile, just as we were getting ready to leave I asked, "so we've been hanging out a lot lately and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out on a date sometime?"

"Sure!" she answered.

Score, check one for the Lynch boy.

Rydel's POV

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when Ross walked in all giddy. "What's up with you?"

"Oh well if you wanna know I'm going out on a date with Riley."

"Really?!"

"Yeah why do you sound so shocked?"

What was I suppose to say oh no reason she just told me she wasn't going to date anyone because whatever happened between her and her ex but congrats. Yeah right!

"Oh I don't know, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks I'm happy too! I thinking of taking her to a romantic beach picnic then we can watch the sunset."

"Awwwww! That's adorable I'll help you set up."

"Thanks you."

Ross' POV

It was 5 o'clock and I was on my way to pick up Riley for our date. When I arrived I walked up to her front door and knocked waiting. She came out in a beautiful short little sundress with converse on which was cute. We then got into my car and drove to the beach.

Riley's POV

We got out of his car once we arrived at the beach. He led me to this little blanket surrounded by fairy lights. On top of the blanket was a basket which I assume has our food in it. It did.

We sat down and ate homemade tuna casserole. "Wow! Who made this?"

"I believe that would be my mom."

"Wow! Your mother is an amazing cook!"

"I'll be sure to tell her that. Now for dessert, chocolate covered strawberries."

He pulled one out and I took a bite out of it and he finished it. We ate every single one of them like that.

"Hey look the sun is getting ready to go down." Ross said, I looked over and saw a beautiful sky filled with colors like orange, pink, and purple.

Ross' POV

Now is the perfect time to ask her. We're both watching the sunset, it's beautiful, so here goes nothing. "Riley would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"No I'm sorry Ross."

NO!!!! What happened I thought we were having an amazing time. Did I ask too soon? Does she not like me like that? Well if she didn't she shouldn't have gone out with me. Did I do something wrong? I was so caught up in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice her leave.

Riley's POV

After Ross asked me out I didn't know what to do, I just got up and ran. I ran and ran, I had no idea where I was going until I was there. The hill. The giant hill that Ross took me up for a run. I knew exactly why I came here. To think.

Let me explain. Yes, I really like Ross but, with what happened with my last boyfriend and all, I just I don't know. I know all of you would like to know what happened but it's just too much and I can't explain.

I need to forget about him, I need to be with Ross.