4.

<<awful things - chapter four >>
- april 20th -
( nyiah's point of view )

- save that shit - lil peep -

it started off as a real good day.

i ate breakfast, listened to music, my daddy let me wear that 'too short skirt' i bought from the mall the other day, i passed one of my test in science, and chris wasn't bothering me like he usually be doing.

but then it got bad, 'cause all i was doing was minding my business at lunch, eating on some chips with fallon, then i see some random girl sitting at aaliyah table with all the rest of aaliyah's friends.

"who is that?" i ask, watching as the girl plants a kiss on aaliyah cheek before grabbing onto her arm, getting all close. "fallon, who is that?"

fallon gives me a look before she turns around and starts laughing a little. "oh, girl, that's that new deaf student. she just transferred here, like, some days ago."

i tilt my head to the side watching the girl rest her head on aaliyah shoulder. "why she all over her though?" i ask before i can even stop it before it comes out. fallon raises an eyebrow at me.

"it's just a question. why you looking at me like that?"

"you act like you care or something.." she shrugs, taking a dorito out of the bag and i turn my face up.

"it was just a question, fallon." i roll my eyes going back to my phone.

"well, i don't have an answer, nyiah. maybe that's her lil girlfriend or something," fallon mumbles, shrugging once again.

see, fallon always sayin' some dumb shit.

why would that be her girlfriend? why would she even tell me something like that? why is it my business if that's her lil girlfriend or whatever..

anyway, when lunch over i go to my english class and ten minutes before the bell ring so i can go to my next class, i ask to go the bathroom 'cause i gotta pee (which was a lie. i just wanted to go and play in the halls so the time can go faster) and the teacher let me.

i actually do end up going to the bathroom though and when i leave out, i see aaliyah at her locker putting some books in her black backpack.

"did you get an early dismissal or something?" i ask and she shakes her head.

"i just don't feel like carrying the books in my hands"

"oh," i mumble, going quiet as i watch her pull her hair up in a ponytail after she done putting the books in her bag. "so, um, i saw you at lunch with that girl."

then she looks at me quick as hell, a smile playing on her face. "you mean lila?"

'obviously.' i think to myself, fighting the urge to roll my eyes hard as hell. "yeah.. her, i guess." i shrug and she's still smiling.

"yeah, lila's really sweet. i like her." aaliyah admits and i turn my face up.

i've been knowing aaliyah since i was in elementary school and the words 'cinira' and 'i like her' has never come together to make a sentence.

but all of a sudden a random deaf bitch comes outta the blue and suddenly she likes her? where's my like??

aaliyah closes her locker shut before she start walking off.

but because i still wanna talk, i grab on her arm and pull her over to this closed off spot where the broken elevator at.

what makes it broken is the fact that the doors close by themselves if ain't nothing there to stop it. that's why it's a door stopper right here, it also got some cation tape around the doors 'cause it be getting stuck sometimes. anyway, i grab the door stopper and place aaliyah hand right there. "what are you doing?"