4- Make the way for Akeera!

THAT'S KABEER AGAIN!!! DOESN'T HE LUK ADORABLE??

CHAPTER-4

AKEERA

When I had finally felt ready to face the godforsaken Kabeer Kapoor and gone downstairs, I looked at my watch and frowned. It was barely 7:30 and school didn’t start till 8, so then why had Kunal been hollering his lungs out at me telling me to come fast?

“Oh good you are here! Your dad is waiting for you outside in his car. Kunal asked him to drop you off. He Said he had to get to school early, also he was glad you weren’t ready yet.” Mom said grinning at me as she walked into the kitchen with my 3 year old brother, Krish in her arms.

Krish was probably one of the major reasons I visited my parents so often when was studying in France, no one knew I had been coming to LA to meet my parents and Krish, not even Karam bhaiya(brother in Hindi) and Kunal. My parents didn’t understand why I asked them not to tell my brothers about my visits but I knew if Karam bhaiya knew about my visits he’d tell Kunal and Kunal would without doubt tell Kabeer. The three of them never kept anything to themselves! I’d usually visit every one two months on a weekend and my parents would come meet me in the hotel I stayed. I know mom and dad sensed something was wrong and here had to be a reason for my peculiar behavior but they never pressurized me to answer their questions. When we video chatted on Skype Kunal and Karam bhaiya had always been surprised at how familiar Krish was with me even though I wasn’t around, but mom and dad managed the situation all the time.

On seeing me krish happily started hollering out my name, “KEEYA …..KEEYA……… KEEYA! ” Krish still couldn’t pronounce my name properly and he was the only one I forgave for not calling me Akeera.

“God what is it with the boys in my family and hollering!” Mom said with a mock exasperation.

I giggled and took Krish from mom’s arms, cooing at him, “Superman, missed me?” I kissed his cheek as he played with my hair

He nodded sweetly and said, “Krish love Keeya!”

I laughed at my cute cherubic brother and said, “Aww… Keeya loves Krish too! But I need to go to school now I’ll see you soon okay buddy!”

Mom laughed adoringly as she watched our exchange.

“Why did Kunal have to leave early, ma?”

“I don’t know he said something about warning the guys to stay the hell away from his sister.” She laughed as I groaned at my brother’s stupid overprotective behavior!

I said my goodbye to my mother and brother and walked out of the house to find my dad leaning against his Mercedes reading the morning paper.

I smiled and said in a fake British accent, “Good morning, Father!”

“Oh the princess has arrived! How graced I am!” he said trying very hard to sound British.

“Oh Daddy don’t do that! British accents are my forte!” I said giggling as I slid into the car.

“You are right mate! But Australian definitely mine!” he said in an Aussie drawl as we laughed.

God I missed my father! He was by far one of the coolest adults I had known!

As we stopped at the gates of Brookewood High my father handed me packet containing the school ma my schedule my locker number and combination. He had come earlier and picked it for me. I kissed him goodbye and waved at him as he drove off.

I took a deep breath, placed my Gucci sunglasses back on my eyes and entered the imposing gates of the place which was to be my school for the rest of the year. Here goes nothing!

As I walked in I felt many curious eyes look at trying to make something of me.

I had almost made it to the doors of the actual school building when I saw a bulky jock smirk at me and say, “You are the new girl, right?”

Uh oh!

I kept my composure and nonchalantly answered, “That would be me.”

“Ooh! Attitude... haan? I like it! You know what a girl like you should receive an entrance. What say boys? You boys guard this little lady here and I’ll make some arrangements. Okay?”

His minions surrounded me making a barricade of sorts not allowing me to enter as the stupid dumb jock went in to do god knows what! I think he is going to do the rank where I open the door and a bucket of slime falls on me! Oh yes that has to be it!

I panicked and called Kunal. The phone rang twice before he picked it up. His cheery voice answered.

‘Hey Akeera, Are you here already?’

“Yes I’m here and currently half a dozen of halfwit jocks are preventing me from entering the school building. Something to do with a girl like me deserving an entrance! I have a bad feeling about this. Do me a favor and come get me. Please.”

I could almost hear his smile turning into a frown.

‘Hey hang on, I’m coming.’  He said his voice seething and then the line went dead.

As soon as the line went dead I saw the jock that’d gone in standing there with a satisfied grin o his face. When had he come?

“You can go in now, ma’am. Hope you like the entrance we provided!” he said.

I hollered out of relief as I violently pushed open the doors, ‘URGH! FINALLY YOU GUYS LET ME GO! BUT I SWEAR TO GOD IF I OPEN THE DOOR AND A BUCKET OF SLIME FALLS ON ME I’LL COME AND PERSONALLY KICK EACH OF YOUR ASSES! GET THAT!’