It's you, it's always been you

Warning: none

       I sit across from Peter and his annoying girlfriend in the cafeteria. We had only dated for a month and he was the one who broke up with me. I can't keep my eyes off of them since I still had feelings for Peter. I look down at my plate when I hear a loud bang. I look up and see Peter and his girlfriend standing up and arguing with each other. Suddenly she slaps him and runs off. Peter sits back down and his eyes meet mine. Out of shock I slightly wave and he waves back. The bell rings and I run to class. I sit in the back when Peter walks in. We make eye contact once more and he heads towards me.
        "Hey y/n...can I sit their?"
        "Sure Peter, go ahead." I smile.
        We stay quiet for a few minutes and then Peter turns over to me.
         "So you saw what happened between me and my girlfriend right?"
         "I'm pretty sure the whole school did. She's quite vocal." I snicker.
         "Well she was just really mad."
         "Why?"  
         "She found out about...us." He sighed.
         "What about us? We dated for a month. She shouldn't make a big deal about it. Such a drama queen." I sigh.
         "I mean I understand her pain. When we dated we were really close and she gets jealous." Peter tried to explain.
         I ignore him for the rest of the class until the bell rang. I left class and went to my locker. Peter walked over and closed my locker for me.
        "Can I carry your books to class?" He asked.
        "Well actually your girlfriend is walking over here so why don't you carry her books." I suggested.
        She walked over and started to immediately avoid me.
        "Hello Peter, y/n...anyway can we talk Peter?"
        "Yeah."
        The two walked to the side and I wanted to cry. I walked off and Peter watched as I left. His girlfriend noticed and slapped him again.
         "You still have feelings for her? Tell me Peter!" She yelled.
         "I do." Peter whispered.
         She walked away in anger and Peter ran immediately the other way. Peter runs by the gym when he sees me sitting on the bleachers. He runs in.
        "Y/n!!"
        I stand up and go straight for the door past Peter. He grabs my arm and turns me to face him.
        "Let go of me Peter."
        "Y/n it's always been you. Ever since I saw you, I had always been in love with you. It wasn't anyone else, and I'm so sorry." Peter said in a fast tone.
        "Why did you break up with me then Peter?"
        "I was afraid...but now im not. Please give me one more chance." Peter sighed.
        I stayed quiet and Peter stepped back.
        "I understand..I'll just g-"
        I pull him in by his shirt and kiss him on the lips. He kisses back out of shock and melts into the kiss. I leave the kiss and rest my head on his forehead.
         "It's always been you Peter...always."