~ Chapter 20 ~

I felt tears fall down my cheek, "You're not dead. You can't be," I whispered.

I walked over to the bed and looked at him. He looked peaceful.

"He's not dead. But he is in a coma. Apollo and Will said there's a chance he won't wake up," Nico said.

"This is my fault. I should have been paying attention. Then he wouldn't have taken that knife for me. He wouldn't be this badly hurt," I told him.

"He would have done it and not thought twice, a hundred times again," Nico said.

"Talk to him. Apollo said it might help," he said walking out.

~ 5 days later ~

"Luke. If you continue like this, you'll end up killing yourself," Bianca said.

"I'm not leaving," I said stubbornly.

"At least go eat," Nyx tried.

"I'm not hungry," I sighed.

"He wouldn't want this," Eros commented.

"And I don't care. I'm not leaving this spot until he wakes up," I told them.

They sighed and left the room. It's been like this every day since I've found out about him being in a coma. I sit by his side and the others try to get me to eat or shower or do anything.

Poseidon, Annabeth, and her gang of people tried to come to visit him but I kicked them out. Literally.

I can't feel anything except anger. Anger at him for not keeping his promise. Anger at myself for not helping him keep his promise and anger at Kronos. But I know that it's no one's fault except Kronos.

~ Eight days later ~

"Luke I swear on Chaos, if you don't leave this room I'll kill you myself," Order said.

"Stop swearing on me," Chaos remarked.

It's been thirteen days. Thirteen days of Percy sitting on that stupid bed and not doing something that'll get us in trouble. Of him not making me laugh. Of him not annoying me to no end. I haven't left his side except to use the bathroom. Order has been bringing me food and making me sleep. She gave up on getting me to sleep in my room a while ago.

"Luke. You go shower and eat. After you can come back here for all I care, just leave this room for at least an hour," Chaos ordered.

I sighed and left. I can do this. It's just an hour.

~ 59 minutes and 59 seconds later ~

I walked into the room to see Order and Chaos talking to Percy.

"I told you not to say an hour," Order muttered.

"I didn't think he'd actually come an hour later," Chaos defended himself. "Well, a deal's a deal. We'll come back tomorrow."

They left and I sat back at his bedside.

"I've been wanting to tell you something for a while. But I've been scared that things would change. I like you. A lot. The way you always laugh on the worst occasions. The way you stick up for your friends. The way you get when you see blue foods or Chaos gets you another pillow pet. The way you smile when you see your friends. I love how you always put your friends first. But I hate it. I hate that you'll throw yourself into danger if it means protecting someone. Even if they've hurt you. But everything I hate about you, I still love. It's weird."

I grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze. A few seconds later, I felt a squeeze back.

"I love you too.