f i v e

PAIN RELIEVER

PAIN RELIEVER

She is in pain and so is he

Family. He wants their family to grow. Just the thought is enough to make him feel all soft from inside. That doesn't mean she is not enough for him. She is. His love for her is unfathomable. In these most blissful two years of their life, umpteen difficulties met them each day but their love always diminish the hitch. But he also wants to hold their baby, the beautiful result of their love in the confines of his arms. He wants to nurture the little one with love and care.

He wants to play with the little version of his chikchikki.

And most importantly, he wants to hear their baby calling him Bauji.

But little did he know the baby was in the process and currently creating havoc in its mother's womb. The naughty chiklu.

"PMS may be" Prachi growled. Her brain couldn't think of a perfect excuse but this seemed to work as Ranbir sighed without enquiring further. Ranbir bit on his lower lip as he saw the lady who was smiling, all healthy yesterday, today almost collapsing in front of his eyes. He breathes out in despair, feeling helpless at the moment.

"Ouchie" Prachi groaned, her eyes closed shut as the waves of pain gobbled her whole body. Her breath fell out of her unevenly heaving chest as shaky gasps.

"Are you mad at me ?" Her lips trembled as she whispered, a few tears escaping her eyes. She bent her head down, now staring at her abdomen which was covered with her forearms and her hands settled on her waist.

Ranbir is familiar with this Prachi. He knows a completely different spirit enters her body when her menstruation cycle is on. She becomes wild. Sometimes wooden, impassive and stodgy, and most of the time her screams touch the ultrasonic range. Her gibberish talks frustrate him because he feels helpless as he cannot do anything to help her.

As her little squeak reverberated in his ears, his fingers sealed up into a fist until his nails dug into the flesh of his palm. His jaws remained clamped shut.