Eijiro + Katsuki - Another Talk

Summary:

Katsuki and Eijiro talk about good and bad things.

Notes:

Hm, TW: Mentions of suicidal thoughts/self-harm, death

Katsuki walked up the long driveway of the Kirishima residence. He still felt awkward and overwhelmed from his talk with Deku a few hours earlier. He rang the bell, and Mae opened him.

"Hi, Katsuki," she said with a smile, but it dropped when she saw his expression. Her ears were pressed flat against her head. "What's wrong?"

"Oh well, I need to talk to Kirishima ..."

Mae's eyebrows rose when he used the last name, but she let him in. Then, she turned around and called out for her ex-fiancé. "Eijiro! Come down, Katsuki is here!"

It took only a few seconds until Eijiro came out of his room. His eyes were wide. "Ka- Bakugo! H-hey!" He stammered awkwardly. Out of reflex, he wanted to pull Bakugo into a hug, but the blonde alpha put a fist against Eijiro's chest to keep him away.

"We need to talk. It's urgent," he said in a serious tone. Eijiro gulped visibly.

"Uh, sure ... Follow me." He brought Katsuki over to the living room. "Do you want something to drink ... or to eat?" He asked.

"No, thanks ..." Katsuki sat down on the couch. He massaged his temple with one hand, Eijiro sat down too. Mae stood at the edge of the room.

"So ... what's the matter?" Eijiro was nervous.

"Deku called me." He heard Eijiro gasp. Katsuki gritted his teeth. "We, uhm, talked briefly about the school time. We both agreed that it's absolutely stupid of you to take all the blame. Look, Kirishima, you're going through a lot, and you might feel like you caused everything. But that's not true." Katsuki's red orbs pierced Eijiro's. Eijiro wanted to protest against it, but Katsuki didn't let him speak.

"So, don't take the blame away from me - or Deku. All three of us fucked up, and it doesn't feel right if you try to take my guilt away. Do you understand that?" Katsuki quirked an eyebrow.

"But ... I ... I should have told you earlier ..." Eijiro started.

"Look, the point is, neither Deku nor I have the desire to talk about it any longer. So please, Kirishima ... Eijiro, just let it go. It's been over ten years by now. Why should we dig up bodies? We were all inexperienced teenage punks who made some mistakes. The world didn't go down. It's still turning, so why bother now? I get that you needed to get it off your chest, but now that you did ... please just let it go. For your sake, for our sake."

Eijiro bit down on his bottom lip, his jaw clenched. "I-I will try to let it go," he mumbled.

His thoughts were focused on the fact that Katsuki had talked with Izuku ... that Izuku had called Katsuki and not him. "Good," Katsuki exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Now that this is out of the way, do you want to hear the good or the bad news first?"

"What? Good news? Bad news?" Eijiro blinked a few times. "What are you talking about?"

"I asked you if you want to hear the good news first or the bad news. Your decision," Katsuki's voice was monotonous. He really didn't want to tell him the bad news.

"Uhm, then s-start with the good, please ..." Eijiro was afraid of the bad news. What could Katsuki mean?

"Well, the good news is, I got a job for you."

"What?!" Eijiro's eyes widened.

"Yep, Michiko needs a bodyguard at her house. She can't leave Tenko and Ruben with Korra, who's not a fighter, alone, when there's a werewolf on the loose. Of course, she would pay you, and you could simultaneously pay off your debt. You would also be doing chores around the house." Katsuki summarized.