Chapter 19: Nightmares

Reminders: idk is this shit fluff or smth? Or maybe angst+fluff?

Mentions of nightmare-ish gore/Horrible dreams/Paranoia

Don't worry there will be a good ending... kinda...

Also its short

Recently, Penumbras has been experiencing nightmares. These nightmares however, are more horrid that you can imagine. Every time he arrived in the dream world he would be haunted as if it was happening to him in real life. He was experiencing something similar to sleep paralysis.

Overtime these nightmares worsen. There was this one time where he somehow dreamed about being consumed by lava, or that one time where he found himself underwater, unable to swim up and descending into the abyss of the ocean.

The nightmares got to the point where Penumbras couldn't sleep, he would just stare into the ceiling of his bedroom and mumble "Bitch" silently. Umbra, being his wife, knew about this situation, there were many occasions where she was woken up in the middle of the night by Penumbras' screams.

"Honey, I can't sleep..." Penumbras shedded a tear, his wife comforted him. She thought to herself a strategy to improve her husband's horrible dreams. Maybe giving him some... pleasure~. "Want me to please you, my love~?"

Penumbras shook his head as a no. He could use some pleasure, but to be honest, his lack of sleep and fatigue won't sustain him enough energy. Besides, sex can't solve everything. Y'all know that, don't be dumb.

Jaxe and Swamp Monster thought of many ways to ensure that Penumbras would calm himself, but any effort was futile (Literally anything they suggest is a terrible idea). These guys were pretty much desperate, to the point where Jaxe suggested knocking Penumbras unconscious.

The Lunar Servants used magic to understand Penumbras' problems. Was he cursed? Was he being punished? or Was he just incredibly unlucky? After some analyzing, the servants have come to the conclusion that Penumbras was indirectly cursed. But the question is... who was it?

According to the Ancient Galactic Scriptures, the curse Penumbras was undergoing is a product of a massive secret kept by someone close to him. Umbra paused for a few seconds and realized that may she may know who was the culprit behind this menacing curse.

While the others were busy, Umbra made up and excuse and left them alone, she hid behind them on a wall and rubbed her stomach. "Could it be this little thing?" she sighed. She ran back to the others, then Penumbras came in the room. "Guys, I have a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE headache right now!".

Umbra grabbed his hand and rushed him back to his bedroom to rest. His eyes started to flicker under the pressure of his fatigue. He just needs sleep, that's all right? "I need to sleep..." he lightly gasped. Umbra cuddled him and rested his head on her chest and patting him like a dog.

"Umbra, Honey, I- you wouldn't believe the nightmares I've been having. Strangely, one of those recurring dreams was us having a child. Can you imagine what we would look like if we had a child. Man that would be crazy, Am I right?" Penumbras laughed it off, only to experience a painful headache surge in his brain. "Ah! Okay, I need to sleep."