Chapter 5-Veldora's Excuse

"-What are you doing, master...?"

Ramiris asked Veldora, who was cooking okonomiyaki with a big grin. She had been the first to return.

As Veldora had gone against their agreement after being left alone for just a short while, it could not be helped that there was a sharpness in her voice.

However, Veldora did not seem to take notice. He kept pouring more batter over the grill and added shredded cabbage on top.

It was a mystery as to where these ingredients were coming from, but he handled them expertly as he mixed them into the batter.

And then he said:

"Kaaa-hahahaha! Ramiris, do you want some too?"

"Yes. But, that's not the problem!!"

Ramiris nodded to Veldora's light-hearted response but quickly remembered herself.

I won't be tricked by food! It was with this strong will that she rained down words of reproach over Veldora.

"We just talked about this earlier. We are supposed to act with caution!"

However, Veldora just snickered at her.

"Ramiris, calm down. If you're just going to complain about everything, I will just have to keep these spoils of war for myself, won't I?"

"...What?"

"Look at this. If you put it together like this..."

While waiting for the batter to cook, Veldora quickly assembled a robot.

It was a torso on top of what looked like a tank.

A simple machine with two arms.

However, the left arm was distinctly shaped like a drill.

"Huh. That's an interesting combination."

"It looks so cool."

"I'm going to copy that..."

The children watched it with interest and were clearly impressed.

This only made Veldora more and more arrogant.

"Hehehe. Of course. It should be no surprise that I can create a partner who is both cool and strong!"

He said with a satisfied nod.

And then he glanced at Ramiris and continued.

"What do you think, Ramiris? Will you still pretend to be uninterested?"

He must have been sure of his victory because he said this with a puffed-out chest.

Veldora's words were more than enough to make Ramiris hesitate.

"Huh? Uh!?"

Ramiris's head seemed to spin as she began to wonder what to do.

And it was then that a freshly cooked plate of okonomiyaki was put in front of her.

It was an exquisite dish that used lots of shrimp and pork.

Savory sauce, seaweed, and bonito flakes covered it. The smell alone was enough to make her drool.

Ramiris gulped.

"This is for you. Eat up."

"Uh, aah...okay. I will then..."

That strong will to resist any trickery now disappeared from Ramiris's heart.

Veldora thought he had won then, but it did not last for long.