Chapter 3: Pilot Chris

2 Days later

I was sitting in the Jet anxious about when we're going to reach our destination. I stood up and went to the pilot to ask when we are arriving. When I got there I knocked on his door for permission to enter.

"Come in", said the pilot.

"Good morning sir. I just wanted to know, how many more hours will it take for us to arrive to South Africa?"

"That's a very good question,  but I am afraid that you will not be arriving at all", he responded

"Your words lack sense sir."

"I will go to South Africa but this is your final destination forever", he explained

As I tried to figure out what he meant by this he stood up, went to the Jet's door and opened it.

"What in the world are you doing?! Are you crazy?!"

He then took all the parachutes and wore one but he threw the rest out. He took of his cap and and damaged the controls so that we can't fly the Jet, using his gun.

"Who are you?"

"Chris Anderson Nior", he said

After he said that he jumped off the Jet.

"What's going on? Where is the pilot?", asked Melanie.

"The pilot was Chris"

"What! How did he know we were coming?"

"I don't know but we need to get out of here!"

"What! Why?", she asked

"He damaged the controls and the autopilot so if we stay here we are done for."

I took our phones because I knew that they were waterproof. Melanie took our ID's , bank cards and passports. We then took the emergency air boat and the biggest blanket we could find.

I held two vertices on one side and Melanie held the other two. We jumped off the Jet and the blanket we were holding slowed our fall. As we were holding the boat, I took out the pump and pumped it. When I was done,  we took the pedals and pedaled to South Africa using Melanie's compass. We could see the Jet exploding from a distance.

"If he planted a bomb in our Jet, why destroy the Controls huh?", asked Melanie very pissed.

"I promise you Chris. When I find you, you're dead meat", I said to myself

It took us 10 hours to reach Cape Town but the important part is that we made it. As soon as we got there, We took a cab and it dropped us by the Waterfront Hotel.

We had already booked a room so we just collected the keys and went to it. It was already 7PM and we were dead hungry.

We ordered some debonair's Pizza, a triple decar and ate it. We then washed it down with a nice glass of coca cola.

We slept then for about an hour and a half then I woke Melanie up.

"Wake up Melanie. We need to go get ourselves some clothes. They were burnt in the explosion"

"Okay, I'm awake", she said.

Ordered another cab and left for West Gate. It was 10 o'clock at night by that time.

We bought clothes at Mr Price, Pep and Ackermans. After that we bought our shoes at Rage.

We spent an estimated 3 hours there and left for the hotel. When we got there we packed up our stuff and I told Melanie that I have a suprise for her.

She had No idea what the suprise was and she had a zero percent chance of finding out.

We went to khayelisha and stopped by a beautiful house there. Then I took out my phone and made a phone call.

Sono:"Molo, Unjani?"

Sono:"Yebo."

Sono:"See you Now."

Melanie's POV

"Who was that?"

"You'll see", responded Sono with a mischievous smile.

As I heard the door opening I saw a guy wearing a white golf Tshirt, a white jean and R5000 valued watch, with white Nike sneakers.

Sono ran to him and gave him a hug. When I looked up it was Alex, Sono's older brother, my boyfriend. I was happy to see him but I was also angry at him.

Two Years ago he said he is going on a mission and he will be back after 5 months. Two years later ,I'm still waiting for him and he is right in front of me.

He extends his arms as if saying ,here he is. I run to him and burst into tears as I bang on his chest.

"Where have you been all these years?"

"I'm sorry Melanie", he said "My dad didn't give me much of a choice. He wanted more info on one of our targets, so my mission was extended."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I had to cut all communications with anyone close to me or else they might use that as an advantage to take me down", responded Alex as he wiped my tears "I wouldn't live with myself if something happened to you."

Alex's POV

I feel so guilty leaving Melanie in New York. I should have told her I was staying longer. I shouldn't have left her hanging. Stupid!

I looked into her teary, dark brown eyes. As I got closer to kiss her

SLAP!!!!!

"Ouch, what was that for?"

"That's for leaving me for two years" said Melanie "And this is my love for you"

Before I could ask what is for her love for me. She kissed me. I placed my hands on her warm cheeks as I wished this would never end.

"You guys look cute together but I feel like the third wheel here so, if you need me you'll find me inside", said Sono as she went inside the house "And suprise!!"

As I looked at Melanie, I could see her blushing a bit. I smiled at her and placed my arm around her neck and and walked with her inside the house.

Sono's POV

"We need your help bro. Since you have the best connections, we need someone who can give us a makeover because we need to go undercover."

"Why do you need a makeover?" asked Alex "It's not like he knows you"

"That's exactly my point. He knew we were on to him. How? I also don't. He planted a bomb on our Jet."

"He's good, too good", said Melanie

"Don't worry about it, I got you",said Alex.

"Just a makeover. No plastic surgery Okay? "

"Got it. I will have him come to you first thing in the morning", said Alex

"Thanks bro. I think we'll be off now"

"Yea, it's already midnight", added Melanie

We said goodbye to my brother and left for our hotel. When we got there we changed into our PJ's and slept.

A/N

What up readers. Please vote and follow if you like my book please 🥺

Thanks guys
💗💖💗💓💕💝💞