Chapter 5: Kill or Not

Sono's POV

It is so late. I can't believe that I played video games with Hatshepsut so long. The last time I checked the time was at 4:30, now it is 21:06. Dang it!

But on the bright side, I haven't had that much gaming time to myself in a while. That game challenge I had with Hatshepsut brought back a lot of memories.

It's a good thing though, that I didn't reveal my gamer identity as Cristal to my fans because if I did, there's no telling what would happen to my family.

I entered our hotel room and found Melanie reading a book called; I reincarnated as a villainess of a romance novel, Again. I love that book though some people can be as blind as hell.

"Goeie Dag Sono", greeted Melanie in Afrikaans. "Hoe gaan dit?"

"I am good, thanks. As for you?"

"Can't complain though you made me worried", said Melanie as she placed her book down. "Where were you?"

"I had to play a game with Chris' sister. "

"Why didn't you tell me?", asked Melanie.

"Because it all happened sudden. She literally dragged me inside the mansion, which also got me the babysitting Job"

"Nice and I also got personal assistant", smiled Melanie

"That's great Mel. You are going to be very close to Chris now since you are his assistant. This gives us greater chances to eliminate him."

"Yeh, about that.."said Melanie. "I still don't think it will beneficial to kill Chris because your mother's murderer is still alive."

"That's what we want. We want him to suffer with the exact same pain of loosing a loved one. Let me remind you, Chris did try to kill us a few days ago."

"Only because we were planning to kill him. I get it Sono but Chris isn't our target. William is the one who should be punished not Chris", said Melanie.

"Melanie, we don't show mercy for the enemy nor do we hesitate to do what needs to be done. Chris needs to die and it's final!"

"Does he? Does he really?! If you kill Chris his dad will hunt you down and will want to take his revenge before entering the grave. That little girl that you played games with today, will be the same one to despise you. The worst part of it is that she looks up to you",said Melanie

"We are Mafias Mel. There is nothing we can do to change that. Once we walk in that path there is no going back. It's ride or die. If I don't obey my father's commands, he can kill me just to protect himself. I have no choice Melanie."

"Yes you did Sono,.... And you still do. You had to choose to be a Mafia or a normal citizen and you chose to be a Mafia. Now you still have two decisions. You can choose to be your father's puppet or the empress of your own life", said Melanie as she went inside the bedroom and turned off the light to indicate that she was going to sleep.

I went into the bathroom, locked the door and tears started to run down my eyes.

Melanie was right. All of these years I've just been acting like my dad's puppet doing everything he says without him asking for my opinion first.

I then took a warm shower and then threw myself in bed.

I have so many mixed thoughts. I don't know whether to kill Chris or let him live now. But I need to obey my father. I don't wanna lose my life.

Next day

Sono's POV

I woke up this morning feeling a bit drained. I went downstairs to the kitchen to see what I can eat before I prepare for work.

Lucky me, my BFF was already preparing pancakes in the kitchen for us.

"Morning Sono", she greeted with a warm smile.

"Morning Mel. Whatcha making?"

"Pancakes with a fruit salad and cinnamon", she replied

"Mmm, that sounds delicious. I can't wait to devour that."

"Hahaha, luckily for you, I just finished dishing", said Melanie."Nazo ke."

She made my plate slide towards me and it looked simply delicious. I ate my breakfast with an open heart and I could tell Melanie was too.

"So what's the plan?", asked Melanie as she swallowed another piece of her pancake.

I was confused by her question because last night she didn't want me to kill Chris. Why suddenly the change?

"I thought you didn't want to kill Chris. Why the sudden change?"

"My opinion remains the same, therefore I still don't think Chris should be killed. Although I have no choice, you are still my boss though you are my bestfriend", she replied.

An awkward silence broke out and I didn't know what to do except play with my food. I think I just lost my appetite.

We sat down for 5 minutes staring at our plates, not knowing what to do with ourselves. I can't take this anymore. It's too much.

"This is awkward", we both said at the same time and laughed it out.

"Let me wash the dishes while you prepare for the meantime Mel."

"It's cool Sono. I can help you with the dishes", said Melanie.

"I insist. After all, you did make breakfast"

"Are you sure?", asked Melanie

"Positive"

"Okay then sis. I'll call you when I'm done in the bathroom", said Mel as she went to the bathroom.

20 minutes later

Melanie's POV

We are currently in a taxi now driving to Chris' mansion. Sono is busy with her phone while I am sorting the driver's money.

Never, ever, ever again, will I sit in the front seat of a taxi. I learnt that the hard way.

As you are the one sorting the money, Passengers complain about missing change, the driver blames you on the loss he made and a whole lot of poop that I don't wanna talk about.

💢💢💢

And the funniest part was that Sono was busy with her phone while I was struggling the whole time. She didn't even bother to help me. She is so gonna regret this.

We reached "Daniel's" mansion but before Sono rang the bell, I knew that we forgot something.

"The plan!"

"Shhhh!", insisted Sono as she closed my mouth with her hands. "You don't want us looking suspicious on our first day. Do you?"

"Sorry Sono but you forgot to tell me the plan"

She gave me a small bottle that contained a see through type of liquid.

"What is this?", I asked holding the bottle up in the air to examine it properly.

"That's poison", said Sono. "You need to pour that in everything he drinks. This may take a while to work in his system ,but he will surely die when he swallows this."

Really Sono? Today is our first day and we are already working. I nodded on agreement and went inside the mansion.

What drama awaits us this morning?

A/N

Hi guys😘

Hope you liked this chapter

Please vote, comment and follow if you like

Love you guys

💝💖💓💗💘