Chapter 12: Aunt Lily

Sono/Peridot's POV

"So tell me Peridot", she said. "With full honesty, Do you like my brother?"

Out of all questions she had to ask that one.

"Well,.......erm....."

"Well?", she asked while moving her head and hands and rolling her eyes.

"I...I.....I don't know okay! Geez"

"Hey, I didn't ask for a fight", she said while lifting her hands up. "If I did, white flag. I surrender."

"No you didn't Hatshepsut it's just that..."

"Mixed emotions around him", she answered

"Yeah. It's just so confusing and new for me. I haven't felt this way towards anyone before. Everytime I'm around him, it's like my mouth has a brain of It's own. I start blushing continuously. My heart starts racing like crazy. We are always in awkward situations."

"Peridot, are you blind or something?", she asks

"No, why?"

"Those are love symptoms silly. You are in love with my brother", she responds.

"Don't be ridiculous Hatshepsut"

"Well your head might be saying that but your heart doesn't agree with you", she says

"I can't be in love with your brother Hatshepsut, especially when he finds out what I really came to do. Help me please"

"I can't really help you hate my brother Peridot. When your heart has found the one, it has found the one", she says

"Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee"

"Fine but don't say I didn't warn you", she said.

I walk out of the kitchen and went to the garden to read a book. I wanted to go to the music room to dance but my ankle made that impossible for me.

I then read a book called the South African dream. It contained nice and interesting facts.

I spent two hours reading the book and I felt a bit hungry. I got up and struggled to get myself to the kitchen but I tried anyway.

I pushed and pushed, but the more I pushed, the more the kitchen became further away from me.

"Real nice Sono."

I accidentally stepped on my foot that had the sore ankle and I lost my balance while I quietly screamed in pain.

As I felt myself falling, someone grabbed me.

"You really need to stop falling", said a familiar voice.

I turned my my head to find Daniel behind me.

"Hi Daniel. How are you?"

"I am good thanks and You?", he asked

"I am good, thank you for asking. And You?"

As soon as I realised what I said, I felt like slapping myself. Real nice Peridot. Real nice.

Daniel just burst out laughing and I did too.

"Sorry Daniel. What I meant to say is thank you. N-not just for this though,for earlier too", I said while trying as much as I can to calm my racing heart and to control my mouth.

"No sweat Peridot", he said. "So where are you off to?"

"I was actually on my way to the kitchen. I feel a bit hungry."

"Do you need help getting there?", he asked.

"No, no, not at all. I can tota, Ouch!"

"Yep you definitely need help", he said