A History Lesson

I numbly walked over to the inviting bed of the motel room that I rented. Apparently the ghost that was haunting that house was a seer. When she told the old master of the house his impending doom he freaked and strangled her to death. Not wanting to let the community know, he hid her body underneath the floor of the basement. He never told a single soul but wrote it in his journal that was hidden in the attic.

The family who had just bought the house looked so horrified. But not as horrified as me. I could still imagine that old blind ghost that threw me up against wall after wall. Just after I added the salt and gasoline to her rotting bones, she said something that gave a huge hint to where I was.

"You do not belong here young one. So far from home and not in your own world. However you do play an interesting role in the beast's heart..."

I didn't get to hear the rest of what she said because I burned her remains. Her voice still echoed in my head. So as soon as I got into this motel room I pulled out my laptop, that I packed with my clothes, and began to search some history. I wasn't sure if it would search this world's information but I was going to take a chance.

Huh. They even had google. I quickly typed in 'History of the world'. It took a few seconds to load but then it finally came up. I scrolled down until I found an interesting title: The Alliance

This is what I read:

Humans and supernatural creatures have been at each other's throats since the beginning of time. Many humans did not even know about the existence of the supernatural except for a select few. Some who knew wanted peace between the different races and live together in harmony while others wanted nothing more than to destroy them.....

Yada, yada, yada. Words, words, words. Oh here we go!

In the early eighteenth century a war broke out with three fronts: humans who wanted to destroy the supernatural, supernatural creatures who wanted to rule human kind, and a union of mortals and supernaturals who fought for peace. Eventually, during the end of WWII, Man and Creature created a treaty to bring peace between the different races. It allowed them all to live together under a peace agreement that ousted another war or the destruction of any race. Today people live freely amongst each other, attend the same schools and work together. Although there is now a general peace there are still those who oppose. Humans who wish to rid the world of the supernatural are called Hunters and they do not hesitate to kill anyone. Supernaturals who wanted to end human life are called rouges. They travel alone or in parties leaving brutal murders wherever they go. Fortunately there is no great activity within these groups lately, but some still lerk in the shadows.

Wow. Now I was well informed.

What bothers me most is what the article said about hunters. All the hunters I knew in my world were careful about who they killed. Nothing like these hunters. I slowly closed my laptop. I need to make a note to myself. I will be surrounded by all types of supernatural creatures, so I can't attack them unless they attack me or they are 'rouges'.

I was completely worn now. Mentally and physically. I quickly took off my shoes, and moved the covers of the bed. I swiftly slid in and immediately closed my eyes. Sleep.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hi. Short chapter, I know. But it will get better, I'm pretty sure.

~THIS MESSAGE CAN ONLY BE SEEN BY TIMELORDS~