Confessions

Its been a few days now. No one has been able to get any sleep because of the damn howling. I am seriously this close to giving Delano a piece of my mind.

If he thinks that he can ruin my sleep and get away with it, he's got another thing coming. I will admit that ever since I rejected him there has been a sharp pain in my stomach. Sometimes its bearable, but other times it just makes me want to bend over and hurl.

Amanda and I have been hanging out a lot more. Mostly because she's the only one who isn't afraid of me. I do feel like she hangs around me for support, though. I mean, she just helped me reject her brother. She must be feeling some major guilt now. Truthfully there is a little pang of guilt in me. I don't know why. I should be celebrating that I finally got away from the psycho, but I kinda just want to curl up in a ball and be alone for a while.

I have managed to find ways to avoid my assigned guard. He always finds me in the end, but its the fact that I can get any freedom at all that keeps me satisfied.

As each day passes more and more werewolves have been hovering around me and Amanda. Maybe they're just curious, or maybe they want to prove to others that they are brave enough to face a hunter.

We were sitting in one of our daily groups. Basically complaining about the lack of sleep that we've all received and how it's becoming harder to function. There were some jokes here and there. Then we started talking about each others jobs and how much they suck. One person even asked why I had a choker around my neck. I told him that it was a long story. Eventually I tuned out a little, but was brought back to reality when I heard my name being called.

"What?" I asked blankly.

"Wow, for a hunter you're not very aware of you're surroundings." said one of the girls in the group.

I shrugged my shoulders. "You'd be surprised on how often I hear that."

Everyone chuckled a little. It almost felt like a normal teenage gathering. But then I had to remind myself that I was surrounded by the enemy. No matter how nice they were.

"I was asking you what made you become a hunter." said the guy golden skin, who I later found out was the beta of this pack.

It took me a second to register the question, but once I did my smile left my face.

I was thrown back into my past. Not something that I was very proud of. Not something that I wanted to remember. I'm not sure how I looked on the outside, but I felt like a black hole was swallowing me on the inside.

I looked around frantically trying to find an opening to escape. All the voices became muffled around me and a my body felt numb. I turned my head to see Amanda with a concerned look. He lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything she was saying.

I felt like I was suffocating as my mind brought me back to that horrible night. I tried to hard to forget it everyday. I spent years trying to not let it consume me, but right now I was failing miserably.

I stood up on wobbly legs and turned to leave. Someone tried to grab my arm but I pulled it away.

"I just need some air." I heard myself say.

I numbly walked away. I had no idea where I was going. All I know is that I needed to get away. Away from them. Away from my past. I didn't know how far I had walked or for how long, but I really didn't care. Suddenly I felt my legs stop. I don't know why. In my head I was telling myself to keep moving but my body just wouldn't go. I look up to see my surroundings and find myself back at that line of trees Amanda and I came across when we were running for our lives.