Fifteen - Stars

Warning for an Akuma fight, which will contain graphic scenes, fighting, and violence. Trigger warning for the use of knives, blood.

☼ ☼ ☼

"My hiraeth?" He repeated, caught off guard. "I'm not sure, honestly. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it." He confessed honestly. "What about you, Mari?" 

"I'm not sure either. I keep thinking about it, but my mind keeps blanking." She laughed and waved a hand in front of her to brush it off. "My mind blanks a lot." 

"Is that why you get all nervous around me?" He asked her, he was caught in between teasing and being genuinely curious. 

"No, it's not that," She sighed and fiddled with the lace on her dress. She was embarrassed to actually say it out loud and confess to him. "I've been in love with you since the first day we met, when you gave me your umbrella." She watched his face for any sign of surprise or mood change, but he just smiled. His face dusted with a light shade of pink and he took her hands in his. "I'm sorry if that's weird and it's totally okay if you don't feel the same way-" She started rambling, focusing her gaze on something other than him. 

"Mari," He tried, but she kept going. 

"I know there's a lot of other girls to choose from-" 

"Marinette, I'm in love with you. Is it not obvious?" He laughed gently and leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on her forehead. Marinette froze and stared at him, tears starting to well up in her eyes. 

"Since when?" She breathed out, and he leaned forward to wipe her damp eyes carefully. 

"I've always had feelings for you. You've always been really special to me." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. He too was embarrassed to be honest about it. "I've always had really strong feelings for Ladybug, so I didn't feel right pursuing my feelings for you. When you were honest with me about your identity, I was so happy. I found out the girl I really like and the girl I love are the same person. I was able to act on it."

Marinette lunged forward and wrapped her arms around his neck in a relieved hug, breathing in and out to try and slow her racing heart. She was resting sideways on his lap so she could be close to him, and neither of them minded. They just wanted to be in each other's embrace. 

"I never thought you would love me back." Marinette admitted quietly. "I am so happy right now." 

The two of them sat like that until they lost track of time. Little did they know, Alya and Nino had come looking for them and found them like that. Too distracted for Adrien and Marinette to notice their sneaky friends, Alya snapped a couple pictures on her phone to send to Marinette after the dance.

She knew she would love to see them. 

☼ ☼ ☼

Marinette startled and sat up quickly, rising to her feet. Shouts could be heard from inside the ballroom, and she heard her phone chime. Adrien spoke, confirming her suspicions. 

"Akuma alert." He muttered. "Tonight, of all nights. Thats just our luck, isn't it?" He tried to ask in good humour, but Marinette acted quickly by taking Adrien by the hands and leading him off the balcony. She pulled him back into the ballroom but kept to the wall furthest from the commotion. She found a storage room and pulled him into it after her, his eyes wide. She sounded panicked when she spoke, cutting him off. 

"Please stay here, you'll be safe. I promise I'll come find you after I deal with the Akuma." 

"Marinette wait!-" He begged, and she called out her transformation. The flash filled the dark room and blinded them for a second.