Trick or Traps

"How can I live in the moment,When my thoughts never feel like my own andDon't know how to admit that I'm brokenHow can I be alright?'Cause I can't breath,"

When my thoughts never feel like my own and
Don't know how to admit that I'm broken
How can I be alright?

'Cause I can't breath,"

-"i can't breath" by Bea Miller

|| 3rd Person Point of View ||

The light shines in from the wide open window, Hope's eyes slowly opening as she sits up. Sliding her legs out from under her comforters, she walks by the window and to her bathroom to take a shower. No emotion crosses her face as she gets ready for the school day, walking down the stairs and grabbing her apple, walking with Stefanie out to the car. The school is a buzz with news about a missing student - Stiles Stilinski. Hope gets out of her car, and walks into the hallway of the school, feeling someones breath on the back of her neck. The little devil on her shoulder, whispering into her ear. A remind of where to go.

She walks slowly down the staircase to the basement of the school, his eyes constantly on her as she walks closer to him. He brushes her hair behind her ear, a smile wide on his face.

"Did you do what I asked you too?" She nods wordlessly, taking her backpack off and unzipping it and taking out silver and blue tool, an emitter, before taking out a piece of paper with words scribbled on it, reading 'phasmatos lacus' in the same exact handwriting as '19, 53, 88'. The handwriting of the man in front of her, who is now tossing the emitter in his hands. "Good girl... You can go now..." Without a word, Hope turns around and walks up the stairs she came down from, her backpack zipped up again, and walks to her class period. Walking down the halls, acting as if nothing has changed at all. She knows it couldn't have - nightmares aren't real. She isn't a little girl anymore, who would dream of a blonde woman and then see her at school the next day. She was just in her head. The man of from her dreams didn't hand her a piece of paper, didn't have her say those words to steal from the Argents, and didn't ask her to bring it down to him in the basement. None of that happened. She's just at school, ready to learn.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Hope walks into the locker room, changing into her running clothes and putting on her running shoes, making sure they're tied tightly. She walks out and joins the cross country team on the bus to go the 5 minutes to the trail, taking her seat next to Danny.

"Since when did you join the cross country team?"

"I don't know. Felt like it would be fun." Hope smiles at him, as the bus starts to move. Normal chatting fills the bus as they reach their location, Coach getting out first and yelling at everyone to get into the group to run, before loudly blowing his whistle and the whole group being off. Danny and Hope run at the front of the group, Hope seemingly easily keeping up with him for someone who doesn't run at full speed a lot. Hope didn't notice Kira while on the bus, nor did she notice her until Kira started to catch up with her and Danny, running as easily as Hope was down the trail. Kira goes even faster, passing the two others, a smile crossing Hope's features before she ran to keep up with her friend - her very supernatural friend. They both keep the same pace, both trying to outrun the other, and both failing. Danny struggles to keep up with the two girls, falling further and further behind them, until he's tackled off the course by Ethan. But as soon as Danny was tackled, Hope slowed down and let Kira take the lead, falling back towards the rest of the crosscountry group and slowing her pace even more, till she was back towards the end of the group of runners.