25.

Lol. I saw y'all on Twitter talking to August about Wattpad????

And a couple of y'all was recommending my stories???
If y'all want me to delete everything just say that.

Speaking of deleting. I've come to a conclusion that I'm going to unpublish older Now. I am rewriting the whole story. If you're still reading it, you got a few days before I take it down.

Y'all can't talk me out of it! I've already made up my mind. I just feel like I have too many plot holes in the story so I wanna start over. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Same characters, different plot. Might change the character names.

There is a pretty lengthy rant at the end. Cause y'all should know I got some stuff to say about this past week or so 💀.
______

"...tired of dealing with the hurt. Dear God make me a bird, so I can fly far, fly far, far far away from here."
—August Alsina
______

Omniscient
Same Evening

After another failed attempt to sleep, Artemis was sitting at his desk, talking to his mother as he fiddled with a ring of his.

"How you feeling baby?" She asked him.

"I'm tired." He mumbled. "But I can't sleep." He frustratedly sighed.

Artemis's mom sighed. "You wanna try going to another doctor?"

"No." He immediately responded. "Shit not gonna work."

"Artemis."

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Mmhm. Me and your brother are gonna try and come up there for a couple of your meets  during winter break." She said. "We can't stay for too long because I'm helping Cousin Tracy and his wife get settled."

"Who?"

"Boy!" His mom spoke.  "You always acting like you don't know somebody. Cousin Tracy. They just moved back into town."

Artemis shrugged. "Okay."

His mom sighed. "Aright baby. Imma talk to you later, okay?"

Artemis yawned. "Okay."

"Love you."

"I love you too." He said, hanging up.

Just as he hung up the phone, Zen was walking in.

"Hey."

"Hey." Artemis replied. "How was the movie?"

"Good." She smiled, draping her arms around his shoulders. "Nice ring."

Artemis tossed the ring in the air, catching it.  "It was my dad's."

"He gave it to you?"

"No." Artemis sighed. "My mom gave it to me after he passed."

Zen frowned, poking her lips out. "I'm sorry."

"You're fine." He sighed. "He died a long time ago."

Zen kissed the side of his head. "I'm gonna take a quick shower and then we can lay down. Okay?"

Artemis nodded his head. "Hurry up please."

Laughing,  she gathered some of her stuff so she could go take a shower.

Artemis yawned, placing the ring on the dresser as he stood up. Climbing into his bed, he patiently waited for zen to finish up in the bathroom.

About 20 minutes later, Zen re-emerged into the room, wearing one of Artemis's t-shirts. Pulling her heist into a messy bun, she then rummaged through her bag, looking for her moisturizer.