26.

First off s/o to @angel_ia30 for this comment.

That's exactly what I was going for

I think next chapter will be where I reveal Artemis's trauma so mentally prepare yourself for that. I'm gonna put a trigger warning in the beginning of the chapter and I'll probably put another one right before everything is discussed.

Also, I want to give you guys an idea on how things are gonna happen. Next chapter will be about Artemis for the most part. The chapter after that will be about Zen. Then after that there will be a time skip. About a month and then we will be entering

spring semester 😌

Excuse any errors 🙏🏾

Omniscient

December 20th

About 3 days until winter break

Same Night

Artemis sat across from Payne, watching him sleep. They were both in Payne's room. It was around one in the morning and Artemis had done a lot of crying. So had Payne, hence why he had fell asleep. Payne had tired himself out. Unfortunately, Artemis couldn't do the same. Too many feelings kept gnawing at him.

Feelings of sadness, despair, disgust, heartache.

Biting his bottom lip, he stood up, walking out of Payne's room. Waking into his room, he glanced at Zen's body laying on his bed. Picking up his phone off of his desk. He looked through all the missed calls he had.

Payne, Zen, his coaches, his teammates, etc.

Shaking his head, he placed his phone back on the desk. Running his hand down his face, he sighed.

"I'm tired man." He mumbled.

And truthfully he was. He was emotionally exhausted. And the only thing he wanted more than anything right now was for the way he was feeling right now to go away.

Licking over his lips, he blew out another breath. Walking over to his bed, he stood over the bed, looking at Zen. Gently, he pushed her hair behind her ear, leaning over to kiss her on the cheek.

Standing back up straight, he placed his hands behind his head as he began to pace around his room.

Taking a deep breath, he grabbed his card key, exiting his room, eventually exiting the building.

Zen Love Hewitt
Early Next Morning

Opening my eyes, I realized I was still in Artemis's room. Just as I was about to sit up and slide off of the bed, there was a loud knocking on the door.

Frowning, I got up opening the door, only for Payne to rush right pass me.

"He's not here." He mumbled frantically.