53.

I forgot to ask last chapter but did y'all like the engagement ring I picked? I need answers!

Almost done with the GROWN Chapter.

Out of Touch coming after that.

I absolutely love all the love and support August is receiving right now!

Love, love, love all the interviews he's been doing !

But. Idk. Some of these people need to back up! 🤺

Some of  the locals acting a little too thirsty! Get back!

______

"Even when the sky comes falling, even when the sun don't shine. I got faith in you and I, just put your pretty little hand in mine."
—Miguel

(I'm actually not sure if this song matches the chapter but🤷🏾‍♀️)
______

Omniscient

"How you doing, Mr. Hewitt?" Artemis gave Zen's father a quick hug.

"I'm good." He chuckled, patting his back. "I told you, you can call me Zachariah."

The weekend had came back sordidness and it was the day that Artemis was having lunch with Zen's father. After practice he dropped Angelo off at the apartment. Of course , he took a quick shower and put on some other clothes before coming back out the house.

Artemis sat down at the table, shaking his head. "I know. I know. I'm still getting used to that."

"How have you been, Artemis?" Zachariah said as he also sat down. "You've been feeling okay, lately?"

Artemis nodded. "Yeah." He sighed. "I mean, you know I have my days but overall I feel okay." He sipped form his glass of water.

"That's good." He smiled. "So I asked you to lunch because I wanted to speak with you about something."

Artemis nodded his head. "What's up?"

Zachariah blew our breath. "I want to help with at least half of the expenses for the wedding."

"Really?"

"Yea." He nodded. "If you'll allow me too." He said. "And you know my wife wants to be apart of the process as much as she can."

Artemis shook his head. "You guys can help in anyway you want." He replied. "I just want it to be a unforgettable day for Zen."

Zachariah smiled softly, nodding his head. "Where can I start?"

Artemis laughed. "Honestly, you might have to get with your daughter on that one. I pretty much told her to do whatever she wants." He said. "I gave her my card and told her to go crazy."

Zachariah laughed. "The things we do for women."

Artemis laughed, nodding his head. "Right."

"Another thing I wanted to say." Zachariah sighed. "I couldn't ask for a better person to marry my daughter."

"Really?" Artemis smiled.

"Really?" He laughed. "I remember when you told me you were gonna propose to Zen. You didn't ask. You told me. I was like 'oh he's serious'."

Artemis laughed. "I love your daughter, Mr. Hewitt." He said. "More than words can even express."

"I can tell." Zachariah smiled. "I see it in your eyes every time you look at her." He grinned. "That's the type of love I want for my daughter."

Artemis nodded. "She been there for me through a lot." He said.  "I can't help but feel the way I do."

Zachariah smiled. "And that's great." He said. "Nobody's perfect but you do your best. That's all that matters."