BH - S1 E1 || Trailer

[only this part of the chapter/story is written in the present tense (for dramatic effect) !]

Karl walks into the small library. A few minutes prior, a blonde girl has gone in as well. Karl sits down at her table, not knowing who she is. She looks up from her book as he flashes a smile. She returns the gesture and focuses her attention back on the book.

he's cute, she thinks.

she's cute, he thinks.

She notices his choice of book. The Cruel Prince.

"Have you read the other ones?" The girl places a torn-up bookmark on the page and motions toward the book.

"Yeah, I have!" The older boy giggles softly. "They're so sad though," Karl's smile turns into a frown.

"Aw, yeah, they are. Have you seen the trailers for the new movies?" 

"No, I'll check it out later. I'm Karl by the way!" Karl holds out a hand. She shakes it.

"Amber," She says, "like the jewel, except my favourite colour is blue, so I'm more like 'Blue Amber.'" Amber laughs, blushing at her own stupid joke. "Well, Karl. It was nice to meet you. Enchanté." He laughs. [nice to meet you]

"Enchanté, Amber." 

He smiles at her. She smiles back. Amber stuffs a few papers in her backpack and picks up her book, walking out the door. Karl calls out to her before she could leave. 

"Amber, wait!" This made the librarian promptly tell him to be quiet. He mouths a 'sorry' and gives Amber a piece of paper. It is labelled; read when you get home.

She smiles and nods. Amber spins on her heel and walks back home.

[Amber's POV]

Diary Entry 1 - 2/28
Today I met a boy at the library. He said his name was Karl. He sat down at our table first. He was reading Divergent. He gave me a piece of paper that had his number on it. 

iMessage

you
hi, is this karl? 

karlos
yeah! amber? 

you
yes this is she
so as an icebreaker, you have any siblings?

karlos
yessirrr i have an older sister and a little brother :)
jasmine and lucas jacobs
wbu?

you
i have an older and younger brother. also an older sister lol
(in order) henry, tommy, and faith simons 

karlos
hey, i have a friend named tom simons! he has a youtube channel!
imagine if it was the same tom simons hehhehe

Incoming Call From Karlos
Accept || Deny

Accepted

"Karl? Hi!" I sighed and plopped onto my bed. Karl giggled and you could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"Yes, Amber! Hi!" 

My youngest brother popped his head through my doorway, eyes wide. "Karl? Karl Jacobs, is that you?!" He yelled. 

"Tommy! Oh my gosh, hi Tommy! I didn't know you had a sister!" Tommy nodded.