BH - S1 E4 || Parents

"Amber?" A hand shook me awake. I looked up and saw Karl awake on my phone. Tommy stood above me. 

"Karl, what time is it?" I rubbed my eyes and pushed my little brother out of the room. "Nine AM. Isn't it great, to have me live in Brighton?" 

"You didn't before?" 

"No, I used to live in North Carolina. I just met someone there that fucked me up. Tom invited me here, so I agreed. Two years ago." 

I nodded, but didn't press Karl for more. We talked for a few more minutes before I decided to go downstairs for breakfast. Henry had left last night- for work. My parents were coming to visit Tommy and me today.

I didn't plan it, but I think Karl might come over to meet them too. Somewhere inside me, I wished Karl would've picked me up from that airport instead of Tommy.

The kitchen was fairly quiet- if you ignored Tommy's blaring voice from upstairs. He was streaming, but he left me a bowl of cereal on the table. I laughed at the note he'd left me (in very bad handwriting too). 

For Amber,
Since you were on FT with THE KARL JACOBS this morning, I decided to be a good brother. You did give me cookies last night so I suppose I owe you some cereal. Please only come into my room (while streaming) if you are comfortable with your face online. If not, knock or text me.
Love, Tommy.

I guess Miss WasTaken was right. He was a sweet kid. I zoned back in and listened to Tommy yelling. 

"SHIT, WILL. TO YOUR LEFT! NO, DON'T PICK THAT UP! GIVE IT TO ME, WILL. WILBUR YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME. WE ARE BROTHERS. NO DON'T CRY!" 

I turned on YouTube and started binging Karl videos. Ten minutes turned into thirty, which turned into an hour, which eventually turned into two.

I laughed and walked upstairs. His door was opened slightly, so I pushed it open all the way. The room was filled with lots of mini-figures and YouTube things. His closet was open and you could see various sweatshirts and hoodies sitting on the top shelf, along with a white shirt- brimmed red.

"Tom, thanks for the cereal. What're you doing?" I pulled up a chair and sat next to him at the large desk. 

"I'm on MCC, Am. We just lost the whole tournament because of Wilbur. He's a jerkass."

"Oh right. Karl told me he was having it today, did he win? Also didn't you just yell that Wilbur was your brother or something?" 

He smacked me on the head and sighed, burying his face in his hands. I laughed at his reaction and ruffled his hair.

"Yes. Karl won with Technoblade, George, and the stupid homeless man." 

"Wha- okay Tom. Can I meet all your friends after this stream?"

He nodded and shoved me out the door as I had earlier in the morning. I laughed and opened my phone, texting Karl. To my surprise, I already had three other texts.

---+---+---

Your Inbox
3 Messages.

MumInnit - Two Hours ago
Me and Dad are on...

-

Karl :) - Two Hours ago
H

i, Amber! I just w...

-

lahknee <3 - One Minute Ago
heyyyy, was talkin...

---+---+---

I clicked on my mother's message first. Me and Dad are on the plane. I replied with an Okay, see u soon. and clicked on Karl's message.

Karl :)
Hi Amber! I just wanted to let you know that I had fun watching TFIOS yesterday! I'm going on MCC in a minute! 

Me
omg, hi Karl.
I forgot my phone was on silent.
congrats on winning. ill watch the vod soon!

Karl :)
ok sure! thanks btwcall in an hour or so?

I liked his message and started watching the VOD. An hour passed before my phone started ringing. The sound of Sweater Weather filled my ears. I love custom ringtones.

Karl :)
FaceTime Video Call
Accept || Deny

ACCEPTED

"Karl! I watched the MCC vod!" I smiled and waved to the brunette. He giggled in response.

"Did you enjoy it!?" I nodded and opened up a notebook. Grabbing a few pens, I started sketching Karl's features. His nose and eyes were the easiest. 

Once I finished the drawing, I coloured it in and held it up to the camera. Karl looked over immediately and giggeld.

"Is that me!?" 

"Yeah! Do you like it!?" He nodded and pulled the hood of his hoodie down, revealing a little frog print on it.

I laughed as a knock sounded on my door. Holding up one finger, I ran downstairs. I opened the door and was immediately flung into a big hug consisting of my parents and me.

"Amber, who's at the door?!" Tommy came running down the stairs. He halted to a stop and threw the bag of chips in his hand onto the couch. It was followed by me almost suffocating. 

"Hello, Tom! Amber, I'm so glad you're home now. Is Henry here?" 

Me and Tommy exchanged glances. Henry had always been mom's favourite, though Tom had always been Dads. I never was favorited enough- even for my parents to pick me up from the airport. They had always loved me in someway. 

"He's in the guest room. Got here a few minutes before you." By now, Tommy had already picked up a croissant and walked halfway back up the stairs. I laughed and motioned for him to leave with my hand.

"Oh actually, sorry. I'm on call with a friend and can't talk. I'll come down for lunch soon, okay?" 

It didn't matter what I'd said, they were already on their phones. Neither of them acknowledged me. I simply walked up the stairs and back into my room so I could talk to Karl. I flopped onto the bed and sighed.

"What's wrong, Am?" 

"My parent's are here. Can we text, they might hear me." He nodded and hung up.

---+---+---

Karl :) 
alright, now what's wrong? explain everything.
dw Im not here to judge <3

Me
my parents are kinda assholes. 
my mom loves henry and dad loves tom. I'm kinda that one kid no one wants around.
but i know they still somewhat love me. it just hurts.
its annoying.

Karl :)
hey it's alright. try talking to them, and if they don't listen
you cant do much about it, but I'm always here to talk!
and lmk if i need to kill someone for you <3

Me
karll ur so sweet :)
and thank you i will try
<3

---+---+---

@amberify - ambers spotify status
parents by yungblud

---+---+---

WC: 1053

[A/N: someone tell me why actually kinda like this chapter? votes and comments are appreciated !!]

I ACCIDENTALLY WROTE AMBERS SPOTIFY AS AUBREY. WHO IS AUBRY.