BH - S1 E3 || Pilot

[Amber] - AN HOUR BEFORE 'TRAILER' S1E1

I'm at the airport, where are u guys?

Could not come. Dad and I are at work, Tom's picking u up <3

I sighed and stuffed my phone back into my pants pocket. After grabbing my bag, I walked toward the exit gate. A tall boy with curly blonde hair and aqua blue eyes held up a large painted sign labelled: AMBER HELLO HI OVER HERE WOMAN!!!

I laughed and walked over to the boy. He saw me and gasped loudly, pulling me into a hug. His head dug into my shoulder because of how much taller he was. We pulled away when people started staring. I ruffled his hair and smiled softly.

"Hey, Tom."

 He smiled back at me.

"Hi, Amb. How was your trip to France?" 

I laughed again, "You checked up on me every other day to make sure I was fine." He rolled his eyes and nodded. "Yeah yeah. Okay. Don't tell Mum that, she'd have a field day."

Thomas. My little brother and best friend. He was my main supporter when I set off to Paris. I heard from our mum that he started some Twitch channel where he'd supposedly gotten famous and now had friends. Thomas had friends. It was cool, I guess.

After a few minutes of almost crashing, running four red lights, and almost knocking over a mailbox, Tommy successfully drove us home. I threw my bags on the old bed in my room and ran back down to the kitchen. 

"Thomas! I'm going to the old library. See you in a bit!" 

"'Kay! Mum and Dad won't be here until tomorrow, by the way, so get home by ten! And Henry's coming in twenty!" 

"Okay, mom!" I laughed and ran out the door as Tommy started cursing at me. The breeze flew through my hair as I walked through the streets of my old town. 

The weather in Brighton was just a little different from Paris. Tommy had moved to Brighton two years ago when he turned seventeen. He was 18 now, almost nineteen. The library that I went to when I was little was now crowded with people. 

I walked in and placed my book bag down on my normal chair, which surprisingly wasn't taken. The old librarian was still here, as were the bookshelves and tables. 

"Hi, Amber. I've been waiting for you to come back! I brought you some cookies." The older lady placed a plate of cookies down on my table and smiled warmly at me.

"Thank you, Miss WasTaken. Is it alright if I take a few for Tommy?" I grabbed a cookie and broke off a piece before putting it in my mouth. Still as good as they were ten years ago.

"Of course. My grandson actually has met Tommy apparently. Through some Twitcher app, maybe you know him? His name is Clay." 

"No, I don't know him. I can ask Thomas for you though." She nodded. 

"Tom's been checking up on me every week since you've left. Great kid." Miss WasTaken walked away as I snickered. Tommy was a great kid- maybe not during family gatherings, but definitely as a brother.

I stuffed a few cookies into a container and lowered them into my backpack. I'd give them to Thomas later.

I pulled out one of my favourite books and opened it to the page I was currently on. The bookmark fell softly to the ground and I made a mental note to pick it back up later.

"I want you to stay. I want you to...I want you."

Kaz Brekker. Hot. 

A brunette sat down a few minutes later. He introduced himself as Karl. We hit it off pretty well, and I later found out he was only one of many of Tommy's streamer friends.

[TEN MINUTES BEFORE THE FT CALL]

"Henry, you're home!" My older brother, Henry. He was home from Florida after two years.  

"Hi, little sister. Heard we were both coming back on the same day." He pulled me into a hug and spun me around.

"Yeah! You've grown a slight American accent though." 

He laughed and pulled away. 

"I'd been living mostly with Nick anyways. Him and his roommate."

"Nick?"  

"Tommy's friend. He's pretty cool, I'll introduce you sometime. Now tell me about this boy you met.."

[TEN MINUTES INTO THE FT CALL]

"So, how'd you like the movie?" Karl's little face on the phone screen lit up with joy as he turned off the movie.

"It was good. I really liked it, except when they die." He giggled and nodded in agreement.

You can't deny it. That laughter was contagious. 

I propped my head on my hands and stared at the boy who'd turned his head slightly. He moved his phone and propped it up on his monitor, judging from his keyboard and mouse that I could see.

"Karl, are you playing Minecraft?" 

He giggled.

"Yeah! You should play with me. Maybe start a twitch!"

"I'll probably get someone to help me make one later, seems fun. Oh by the way! Do you know anyone named Clay in your little friend group?"

Karl's face visibly stood in shock.

"Yeah, why?"

"My librarian is his grandmother apparently. Miss WasTaken?"

"Yeah! I'll have him text you later. You should sleep though- I'll hang up."

I laughed and interrupted him. "No. Stay. Can you play music though?" 

He didn't reply, but some song started playing. It sounded familiar. I flipped over my pillow and put my hands under my head. The melody played through my head, no lyrics though. It was an instrumental. 

Wilbur Soot- I'm in Love with an E-Girl. Of course it was.

WC: 921 - I SWEAR NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER

[A/N: i actually really like this. might proofread again tomorrow, but I've basically done it. i also made cool notes lolol lets goooo]