Chapter 2

Vera stayed in bed for hours. She was promised that he wouldnt do that to her. How could he hate her that much? She has never said anything to him, even if he did hurt her. 

Her mind played back the activity from a few hours ago. He has knowingly hurt her, he said she deserved it. Even with all that pain, she enjoyed it, she actually came from it. It hurt her that he just used her and left her there, he didnt even think she was worthy of a small kiss. 

He was right, maybe she was a whore afterall. 

She didnt stop him, so why didnt he wait for the pain to reduce, tears filled her eyes. She shouldnt have married him. 

Why did men always treat her this way?

She heard the front door unlock and footsteps approaching the bedroom. Vera closed her eyes tightly, hoping he would not touch her again. 

Luka stared at her laying in his bed, covered in her duvet. His mind and heart were conflicted. At first it felt great. He felt like he had taken his revenge, but as he sat there in the park by himself, he was haunted by the look on her face when hed said she deserved it. He didnt mean it. He shouldve waited. He should have stopped. She was clearly traumatised. He’d never felt worse. 

He silently laid down on the other side of the bed, staying as far away from her as possible. 

She felt him on the bed and tensed. Please dont. Please dont, she begged in her mind. He didnt touch her, but she still did not relax. 

More time had passed and Vera knew she couldnt stay there any longer. She listened to his breathing, making sure he was asleep before moving the duvet off her body. 

SHe grabbed her phone and jacket, going down to the front door and pulling out her shoes and putting them on. Her phone vibrated indicating that her driver was here and left, closing the door gently. 

She went back to the only man she trusted, the only one who would never hurt her. 

Her Father. 

The ride was silent and she finally closed her eyes. It would probably be an hour before she reached her home. 

The driver woke her up gently by calling out her name. “We’re here Miss.” Said the Asian man. “Thank you.” She whispered softly. She checked her pockets knowing she had cash in thre and handed the driver a tenner. 

“There is no need.” He refused politely. 

“Please keept it.” She insisted, giving the driver a small smile. Most drivers spent hours working, just to provide basic needs for their families and her father was one of these men. 

He smiled gratefully and thanked her again. She opened the door and walked up to her fathers drive way. She rang the door bell, feeling guilty that she was going to wake everyone up for her sake. She frowned, maybe she should wait until morning. It wasn't really cold. She heard the door unlock and slowly open. He was cautious, but when he saw his daughter, he quickly opened it, frowning.

"Vera?"

"Dad..." she whispered, feeling her emotions bubbling up.

Her lip trembled and eyes filled with tears, she was unsure if he would allow her to come inside. Her Father quickly embraced her tightly her shoulder. He walked her into her old bedroom on the ground floor and sat down beside her on the bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly. She shook her head. She was too embarrassed. "Can I stay here for a few days. I won't bother you-"

"Vera!" He scolded, his eyes stung.

She looked down knowing she was asking for too much.

"You are my daughter. How could you think of yourself as a 'bother '? You are welcome to stay here even if it's for the rest ofyour life. Don't say such things. I love you, my baby."

Her Father never said such emotional words to her, but hearing them now made her cry even more. He couldn't believe that his daughter felt this way.

"Go to sleep now. We will talk more tomorrow." He ordered.

She nodded, wiping her tears. He was just about to leave when he heard her call to him.

"Will you give me a head massage." He smiled at her request.

When she was younger, if she were having a bad day she would always put her head in his lap and he would rub her scalp until she fell asleep.

"Of course."

He sat down on her bed and she shuffled over to him and placing her head in his lap and closed her eyes. He gently rubbed her scalp leaning back against the wall. She was the sweetest child he had ever met and maybe his opinion was bias, but he knew his daughter had never intentionally hurt any or done anyone wrong.

Yet there were people that hurt her, for their own pleasure. She didn't trust anyone, but she believed that there was good in everyone. He had forgotten to turn the lights off, but if he moved now she would wake up again. He looked down at her body He frowned when he noticed her turtleneck, they were in the middle of summer and because she got hot easily, she would never wear them.

He lifted her arm up and slowly pulled the sleeve up. Her wrist was bruised, it was clear that someone had held her and he had no doubt in his mind that the other one was too. He didn't want to, but it was too late to stop. He pulled the turtle neck down and saw bright red marks. He knew what they were. It only mean one thing. He had forced himself on his daughter. The thought of it happening disturbed him throughout the night.

It was time he met her husband and had a few words with him. He must've thought that just because he didn't come to their wedding, Vera was alone. Yes, he was angry but that does not mean he would abandon her when she needed him the most. He took her pillow and rested it against the headboard placing his head on it.

Eventually they both fell asleep.

♡°•●○___________________________○●•°♡

From here onwards I have to start writing it all over again. I had up to 6 chapters of this done.

Z.A.B