chapter 6

After a few hours of making sure that he was asleep, Vera snuck out of her bed and in the dim light began to pack her back pack. She stared at his sleeping form for a second before turning around and opening the bedroom door.

A loud beeping tore through the silence causing her retreat with lightning speed, throwing her bag under the bed and climbing on the bed beside him and pretending to sleep. Thankfully it took him a few seconds before waking up, giving her enough time to settle.

It was his work alarm.

She tried to breathe slowly, but it was difficult with the adrenaline pumping through her.

He got out of bed, turning his alarm off and going to the bathroom. As soon as he left she took deep breaths, and then closed her eyes as she waited for him to leave.

He came back into his room, Vera could hear him shuffling around for a few more minutes before the bed dipped slightly under his weight.

She felt his soft lips on her cheek, before pulling away again. She fought the urge to react to his kiss. It was sweet.

He smiled at her sleeping form before going downstairs and leaving.

Vera sat up as soon as she heard the front door shut audibly. She waited a few minutes before getting off the bed and grabbing her bag from under the bed and phone from the side table. She opened the door and snuck downstairs pulling her shoes on and grabbing her jacket.

"Going somewhere?" A deep voice questioned from behind her.

She let out a horrified scream as she turned around.

She panted and backed away from him. How had she not seen him?

"I'm- I'm leaving."

His eyes darkened as he took a step forwards.

"No." He growled angrily.

"Yes I am." She retorted firmly. She walked past him to the front door, reaching for the door handle. A sharp tug to her other arm causes her to stumble backwards. He pulled the bag out of her grip and threw it on the floor. She glared at him, backing away.

She screamed again as he leapt towards her, circling his arms around her waist and bending over to lift her over his shoulder. She cried out angrily, punching his back, yelling at him to let her go. He didn't listen though. He trudged all the way back up the stairs to their room and threw her on the bed.

"Let me go. Let me go!" She screamed, but he continued to ignore her. He pinned her down on the bed, holding her wrists above her head and knelt between her legs.

"No."

She panted angrily and glared at him as harshly as she could, it only amused him further.

"You look like a cute puffed up angry bird." He smirked, eventually releasing her wrists.

She huffed and looked away.

He leant down and kissed her cheek again, sliding his lips down to her neck. She shuddered from the sensation, feeling her body heating up. He didn't stop there and continued to kiss and nip at her neck. She tried to stay quiet, but he felt too good.

"If you wanted to stay away from me, you shouldn't have comeback the first time you left."

He whispered, blowing his warm breath over her ear.

"Did you really think I would not have you again once I had a taste of you?"

His hand inched up under her shirt. She whimpered, tensing to keep herself from arching towards him to have more.