Thrity Nine

Arden
•••

We had come up with a plan, kind of. In all honesty, I made up my mind and no one was going to change it.

Skyler and I were leaving to go back tomorrow. Ben would take us back with his powers, at least close enough. Skyler is staying because by the time we get there tomorrow, that would've been the time it would have taken us the time to get us there ourselves.

The plan is to get in and then quickly out. Ben would come back for me, I had 5 hours there. I was terrified. One wrong move and he would know. One wrong move and he would have me under a spell in the matter of seconds. After that, I was a lost cause. Maybe I could convince him that everything was fine. I had no idea how tomorrow was going to turn out.

"That's the matter?" Will's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. Tonight he was sleeping in our room. Skyler was right, it was stupid of us not to be sharing a room. If our father had noticed, we were terrified the King would too.

Earlier, we had sneaked her into Gwen's room. If anyone saw, they would think it's me visiting our friend. But we also had plans for a servant to bring fresh water soon, so that they would see us both in here at the end of the night. It was late, and a very strange request for this time. But they couldn't deny a request from their prince.

"Arden." A knock sounds at the door. Will looks at me, looks to the door, takes off his shirt, then walks to it. A couple of servants enter, heading to the bathroom and getting the bath ready. They try to avoid the shirtless prince's chest. Which was very impressive, too impressive not to notice. I sit at the edge of the bed, making sure to smile and be noticed by every single one. It will be for sure gossiped about.

How scandalous the princes's fiancée looked in her small nightgown. How handsome the prince's body was. How random they wanted a bath filled this late at night.

They exit the room shortly, giving their bows, and we gave them our thanks.

Will closes the door gently. I watched him. I couldn't help to. I couldn't help but to stare at his arms as they tensed, his hands as they gripped the knob, his back as he moved. It drove my thoughts wild. Thoughts that were so unlady like, Allison would faint at the sound of them.

Will turns, facing me. He takes notice of my glazed eyes, my blushed cheeks, my legs pressing ever so tightly together.

"Arden?" He says for a third time. The way he says my name makes me ache all over.

"I want..." So many things. So many things I didn't know where to even start. I wanted him, so badly it made me lightheaded. There's a chance I will never see him after again after tomorrow. If everything went bad.

He nears me smirking. "Tell me what you want."

"Nothing." I say stubbornly, his smirk pissed me off.

He turns grabbing the shirt that he has recently dropped on the floor, and heading in the direction of his closet. "So how long are you going to ignore your little problem?"

I try not to groan, as he drops the pants he was wearing before and replaces them with new ones. "I don't have a problem." I grit out, squeezing my legs closer together. I did, I had a huge problem. There must be something wrong with me. I must be ill, it must be my hormones acting up.

He gives me a knowing smirk, as he walks closer to the edge of the bed I'm sitting on. "Arden," he says softly.

"Yeah?" The word came out all wrong, the sound came out all wrong. It gave an impression I did not want to give. It was hoarse and breathless, like I had just woken up. All wrong, because we both know I was wide awake.

"A wife has her needs." He says inching his way towards me, looking down and lifting my chin with his hand. "I am not above being a good husband."

"Will." There it was again. Weird and raspy.

"Tell me what you want?"

"I don't think you can give me what I want." I say diverting my eyes to his lips.

"You want them dead? Your father and his men. I'll kill them myself. You want to leave and forget? I'll find someone who can get you so far away, there's not one person who would know of any of this. You want the world on fire, I'll light a match and burn it. You want me on my knees, like the nights months before. I'll gladly satisfy you. But you need to tell me, what do you want?"

I look up to him again. His eyes are dark, his jaw is clenched. I shouldn't have said these words, I should have taken what I could get. "I want you to love me."

His clouded eyes, turn clear. I could see the disappointment written all over his face. His hand drops from my chin.

"I cannot do that, not again."
•••