Chapter Six

SELINA

As I was trying to put my earrings in, I kept thinking about what had happened yesterday with the mines. How on earth did those old tunnels collapse suddenly? Is the rest of StoryBrooke in danger? Bruce then interrupted my thoughts. "Are you almost ready darling?" Bruce asked, making his way into our bedroom. I was by the dresser, looking at myself in the mirror that was hanging on the wall. I was trying to put these diamond earrings in. I haven't worn my earrings in a while.

"Almost," I replied.

"Okay, cause we don't want to be late to David and Kathryn's party," he replied. "Do you want help?" he asked.

"That's sweet of you, but I just got it," I replied. It was true. I finally got my earring in and placed the back on it so it wouldn't fall out of my ear.

I looked at myself again. I was wearing a pretty floral dress with cowgirl boots.

"You look absolutely stunning," said Bruce, coming up from behind me and hugging me.

"And you look so handsome," I replied, seeing as he wore his suit. "You clean up nice. Alright, enough flirting, let's get to that party."

"Roger that," said Bruce. He let go of me, grabbed a hold of my hand, and we both got into my pick up truck which I got for my birthday last year.

I got in the driver's seat and Bruce in the passenger seat.

We drove to The Nolan's house.

When I got there, I did not expect to see so many people. And apparently, David hasn't arrived yet. "Hey, look who it is! It's Bruce and Selina everyone!" called out my good friend Amber Lancaster. Everyone turned to face us and then they went back to what they were doing.

"Hey Amber," I said, walking up to my friend and giving her a hug. "I haven't seen you in so long," I said.

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry," she said, removing away from me and giving a smile to Bruce. "I've just been busy with work and I'm actually... seeing someone."

"Really?" I smiled. "Who? Do I know who it is?"

"His name is Chad Burrows? You probably don't know him."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Yeah, no, you're right."

After we started to talk about Chad, Bruce disappeared and then David and Kathryn came in. "Hey!" said Amber. Everyone started clapping as they came in. David looked confused as hell.

Abigail then went around and started introducing people to David and then he and Abigail came over to Amber and I. "And this is Selina Frost and Amber Lancaster," said Kathryn.

"Hi," he smiled.

"Hi," I replied back. "It's nice to see you up and about again."

"Yeah," he replied. He then narrowed his eyes at Amber, like he was remembering her. "Amber..." he said.

"Yes?" she questioned. "Did we know each other... like... before?" he asked.

"Yes," Amber replied. "You're my friend," she said. "I'm the one who set you and Kathryn up...." she explained.

"Right..." he said.

"Oh hey! There's Emma and Henry!" Amber pointed out.

"I think they're the ones that saved me..." he said with confusion written on his face.

Amber, David, and I then walked over to Emma and Henry who were sitting on the bench. "Hey," said David, as we walked over. Emma and Henry looked up at us and then looked at David specifically. "You're the ones who saved me right?"