𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | ᴛʜᴇ ᴏғғᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴋɪᴅs

╔═════ ✭✧✦✧✭ ═════╗
╚═════ ✭✧✦✧✭ ═════╝
𝟎𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬
──.◦*.:◦✧*.◦✰*.:◦✧*.◦:◦*.◦───

Eve and Cherry had arrived at her house giggling like little girls. They weren't really sure what they had been laughing about which just made them laugh harder. As they entered the house they could smell the food Mrs. Valance was making and died instantly. If this was how Eve died, she had no complaints.

They hadn't noticed the second figure standing in the Valance's kitchen until they walked in to tell Cherry's mom they were home, "Hi Mrs. Valance!"

"Oh, hi sweetheart! How are you?"

"I'm good how are you?" Eve smiled. Mrs. Valance was like her mom from the moment she met her. Sure, Diane was iffy when her daughter brought home a greaser girl but Eve had shown her nothing but respect and manners and they instantly clicked.

"I'm doing just fine, honey. Oh, I'm so sorry let me introduce you. Eve this is my cousin Don Tibbles."

"Hi, nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too, Eve."

"Oh girls, why don't you go take showers and dinner'll be ready by the time you get back down."

The girls nodded and instantly head upstairs to shower. It wasn't too long after that they headed back downstairs and sat around the Valance's kitchen table. They made awkward small talk before Cherry sent her mom's cousin a look.

He cleared his throat before looking at Eve, "So Eve, I heard you played hockey?"

Her eyes widened and shot a glare toward her friend, "Oh yeah. My father had signed me up to play when I was younger and it sort of just stuck. We used to watch hockey together all the time and people would call me a 'knowledge player' rather than a 'skill player'." She chuckled

Don nodded, "Well I don't know if Cherry told you, but I've been recruiting some people for the Junior Goodwill Ganes and was wondering if you would like to come and play with us?"

Eve's fork dropped and clattered on the plate, she instantly apologized for the noise and Daine waved her off, "Are you serious?"

"Of course, the team could use some brain power like yours." He smiled politely.

"I would love to!" Though her smile dropped at the realization of how much everything would cost, "I don't think I'd be able to."

"If it's money you're worried about, then don't be. Your friend and her mom have offered to take care of the plane fare and the rest would be covered by me and my company. There are five new players joining Team USA, along with the Ducks who were coached by Gordon Bombay who would actually be your coach for the team."

Eve sighed once more, "Oh I couldn't accept that you guys. I just-"

"Nonsense. Evie, this is your dream. You should be able to live it I know how tired of Tulsa you've been since the whole thing with your family happened. This gives you the opportunity to go out and explore, meet new people, and maybe even get a boyfriend!" Chery smiled slyly.