Chapter 40 - The Monthly Meeting

"Admiral, something's coming out from hyper speed." A member from the main bridge notified Corentin about the arrival from a spaceship. He was shocked as he saw who it was.

It was Captain Hawk!

Judging by the outward appearance of his spaceship, the admiral had the feeling that they had been caught in a quite vicious space battle. Hawk's ship was partly destroyed.

"Jule, call our best engineers. Captain Hawk's spaceship needs them in an instant." Corentin wanted, and Jule followed his order.

"Captain, we are here." Berry reported and turned himself around to look at Hawk.

Moon was still standing in his arms, extremely worried and anxious. The captain held her tightly in his arms, like a protection shield, petted her head even to calm her down. He had never seen such an anxious Moon before, which made him quite concerned.

"My dear, we made it out alive. You don't need to worry anymore." Hawk said calmly to her with an undertone of poise.

Slowly but safely, Moon raised up her head to look at him. That was an adventure for sure, Moon experienced such kind of situations before, but this one was different for her.

"Let us bring you to your room to rest, shall we?" Moon accepted his kind offer and walked with him to her own room on the Nightclaw. The light was turned off, but Hawk turned it on for her.

Without saying something, Moon went to the couch, which her room had. On the right side was her bedroom, on the left, a machine inside the wall, where Moon could make herself something to eat or drink. Behind them was a large window. While Moon made herself comfortable on the couch, Hawk went to the food machine to make something nice for her.

"What kind of tea would you like?" Hawk asked and waited patiently for her answer.

"A fruit tea." She answered simply and quietly.

Hawk set the settings on the machine. He laid a cup inside the hole where the drink would be made. The sound from the machine calmed Moon a bit down, and she decided to watch Hawk at his work. He remembered that Moon never put sugar in a tea and gave it to her after the tea was done.

Warmth swam inside Moon's sensitive body as she touched the hot tea. She saw on the tea paper that Hawk made her favorite tea. It made her smile.

"Thank you, Hawk." Moon was grateful.

"Everything for you, my sweetheart."

Whilst Moon was gingerly drinking her tea, she noticed on Hawk's forehead that he was still sweating from the event, which happened a few hours ago. "Hawk, you are still exhausted."

He didn't even dare to blink with his visor as he put his purple hand on Moon's cheek to pet it. He was indeed sweating, Moon thought she felt it on his hands, too.

"Don't worry about me."

"But I do." Moon admitted. "I worry about you."

"Moon, look at me." She did as he told her to. "Do you see any new wounds? I'm sure you won't find one."

She wasn't sure about that and studied his body more closely. Behind his clothes, on the left side from where Moon was sitting, the cyan bean spotted a suspicious line. She moved with her fingers his clothes aside and saw a tiny scratch on his purple body. Moon looked at him with a very saddened expression.

"Honey, there is one."

"It is just a tiny scratch from the branches. It'll fade away soon. Look, it doesn't even hurt me." Hawk carefully took Moon's fingers to let them touch his tiny scratch. A small burn was felt for Hawk as her fingers touched it, but he could hide the pain easily from her.